Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex CLI

@bichonmom wrote:

It's been a long time since I've requested a CLI on Amex. What is the best way to request it? Online? By phone?

Method does not change your credit profile or income so use the method you prefer.

@bichonmom wrote:

It's a SP, right? I have a freeze on my CRs, except for EX which I just lifted for today. Will that get me a HP?

Will they counter w/ a lower CL if I'm not approved for the entire amount? 

Any tips or sugggestions? 

Don't overlook the 3x CLI Guide as it answers several of your questions.

It is an SP and the freeze won't matter since they already have an established relationship with you.  Lifting the freeze won't make it an HP.

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes it works in that you can request a 3X CLI but there is no guarantee that you'll get $30K or any increase.

Right, request and qualify are two entirely different things.  One will get what one qualifies for regardless of the requested amount.  That is, unless the request is less than what one could qualify for.  Those who seek to avoid the 4506-T at all costs may request less to stay under the $25/$35K threshold even though a 4506-T isn't guaranteed for crossing those and depends on credit profile and whatever other considerations AmEx uses.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLIs with Amex tend to be SPs. In the past, I asked for 3x my CL. Yesterday, I requested a little more than 3x and Amex countered. It was a SP and I did it online. CLIs can be requested online underneath the 'Credit Management' tab which is located within the 'Account Services' tab. Best of luck!
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bichonmom wrote:

Thanks! I found it. Smiley Happy

If you want to, please come back and let us know the outcome. Thanks in advance!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.