Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex CLI

My 61st day is coming up this week and I’m interested in asking for the 3x CLI. I currently have a 2k limit. My balance was around 1k for my first statement, which I paid in full on the due date. However, my available credit has yet to update. I called and they said something about it being the weekend + certain risk factors? My balance has been updated to reflect the payment but my available credit won’t be updated until Monday. I have made smaller payments that updated my available credit immediately so I don’t know if it’s because it’s the weekend, it’s my first large payment, etc. I have just under 1k on the card currently. Will any of these things affect my chances negatively? I thought using the card to it’s max and paying in full would show that I need more credit and am willing to pay it in full every month. Any thoughts/advice?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ChessChik47
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex CLI

You don’t have to request the 3 times CLI exactly on the 61st day. If it’s something you need/want and your profile supports it then you’ll receive the increase even if you request it on the 70th day. If you want to wait until your payment is reflected in your balance, then wait. I recommend using your card as you normally would and establish a good payment history with AMEX and CLIs will be granted (as long as your entire credit profile supports the increase).

Good luck to you!
Message 2 of 6
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Request when you’re ready and your credit file is at its best. No need to just do it on day 61 like the other poster said. 

Message 3 of 6
Chickenpotpie
Frequent Contributor

To put another echo in the chamber, you don't have to ask for it exactly at 61 days.  I waited closer to a year when I felt my scores looked their best and I had solid usage of the card.  Do you have BCE or BCP?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing is a guaranteed lock but I personally would bet my Kobe Bryant rookie card on you getting the 61 day 3X CLI.

I cold apped for a BCE back in early October and I was approved for the same 2k limit. FICO Scores across the board were north of 730 but my AAoA was about a year. On day 57 after activating my card I impulsively requested the 3X increase and got it. I can tell you that I put a grand total of $51 on the card before I asked, obviously PIF. A school hoodie for the teenage son, and a damned nice one at that.

Again, in the wonderful world of lending there are no locks but from everything I’ve read on these boards it would be a definite eyebrow raiser if they didn’t give it to you. Best of luck.

Message 5 of 6
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

I doubt having a balance, providing your not brand new to credit, will affect too much. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.