Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CSRs are so misinformed

tag
Aarvard
Established Contributor

Re: Amex CSRs are so misinformed

I have never had any problems with Amex CSR; they are really nice, but these are the online ones those. I rarely call Amex customer service so I'm not really sure about that.
03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 11 of 17
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

Eh, not everyone who works for a certain company knows what they should know, unfortunately. I've gone to Coach boutiques with more knowledge about the release dates and color codes of the purses and to car dealers with more knowledge about their new car releases than the employees that work there. But that's because I'm obsessed with purses and cars and read everything I can get my hands on. Probably same for credit cards, lol. 

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jaylima91 wrote:
Well I must disagree. I had a bad experience with a chat CSR. Long story short I had asked for a replacement card for my Platinum account and well... They sent me an AU card under MY name. Now why would I want to add myself as an AU in MY own account. And of course they were charging me $175 AF for that secondary card and I had to fight it with their credit bureau department because they were reporting that as another account I had with them. Obviously not all CSRs are the same because I've had really nice experiences with their US based CSRs and concierge. Usually it's the outsourced CSRs that are a little misinformed at times.

yea... it's because of situations like this i prefer to do everything myself. for the record, you can dispatch replacement cards yourself through AmEx's website. on the main page, go to the card that needs to be replaced, click "more options" on the right, under where it shows you the last time you logged in, then click, "card management" on the left, then click "Order a Replacement Card for Damaged, Lost, or Stolen Cards"

done

you can also manage, add and remove AU cards here. 

Message 13 of 17
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

I chatted with a CSR last week about my JetBlue Amex card.  Asked about PC and/or what will happen to my account at the end of the year due to the agreement ending.

CSR replied..."I see no changes coming to your card.  I can assure you we are working very hard to be sure you continue to recieve the excellent benefits that come with it.  You will be able to continue to use your card without Issue..."

I said..." Thanks...."

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |
TU 08 FICO - 812 | EQ 08 FICO - 799 | EX 08 FICO - 793 |

Utilization - 16% | AAOA - 4.3 years | In Garden - Since 9/6/16
Message 14 of 17
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

CS varies with any company.  You'll find both good and bad CSR's.  You can't determine any trend based on one data point.

If you know one is wrong then call back, try again (or request escalation) and mention that the prior CSR was misinformed.

Message 15 of 17
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Not saying every CSR is incompetent. Just stating my experience with THAT CSR but it doesn't mean I didn't call back and clarified that information. And I'll be honest with you. About half of the CSRs in any one big corporation are not properly trained and are just thrown behind a computer and answering calls. Corporations aren't investing in product knowledge training anymore. They just want to save money even if it means they make one department handle what 5 departments are supposed to handle. I don't blame the CSRs. And I'm not only talking about CCCs. I mean any big corporation in general.
Message 16 of 17
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

The most misinformed CSRs, in my opinion, are the ones from Capital One. Yes, you will find some misinformed CSR almost at every corporation, I even had a couple of interaction from Amex.  

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.