Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CSRs

tag
karbon86
Valued Member

Re: Amex CSRs

I have only had to call 2 times on my Blue cash card.  One time was a lost card (it's so hard to find the card when you drop it at a bar drunk Smiley Happy ).  The second I can't remember why but both times they sounded like they were US based and one lady was a very peppy lady late at night.  They asked me if I wanted my new card overnighted and I asked if there was an extra fee.  She told me no and I accepted and the card was there the next day.  I was impressed.
Message Edited by karbon86 on 12-03-2008 06:48 AM
Message 11 of 17
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Every time I've called for my Platinum charge card the CSRs have been awesome to talk to, and speak perfect English. This doesn't mean they aren't in India, but I would guess in the US somewhere.
Here we go again...
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

The poster that mentioned their hands are tied is spot on. I truly don't care what country handles my support issues as long as we can communicate effectively and they are well trained and empowered to resolve issues.

I have little difficulty with thick accents in general. But when they are not empowered to do anything then they have no reason to exist. Nothing wrong with outsourced customer service as long as they actually provide customer service. 

Message 13 of 17
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I have always gotten American rep.

@CodeMonkey wrote:

Hmm.

When I call the Gold number I always seem to get folks with Eastern European sounding accents.

I would probably guess Russian or Ukrainian. HMM, may be I can get part time job with Amex, I speak Russian and Ukranian.

That being said, they seem to be either exceptionally well-trained or unusually empowered to resolve customer issues, because I've never had an issue getting any of my problems resolved with front-line CSRs, which is stunningly rare these days.

Maybe they have their Blues and/or other revolvers sent to a different CSR bank than the charge cards?

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 14 of 17
dizzier
Established Contributor

i have a friend who got laid off from an AMEX call center because they were moving the call center overseas. this was about 5 years ago. I doubt this is anything new. some call centers are here and some are overseas.

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 15 of 17
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nothing wrong with outsourced customer service as long as they actually provide customer service. 

That is an outstanding example of precisely hitting the nail on the head. Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 17
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

If you're curious where a CSR is from you can just ask them. They'll tell you.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.