Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex..... Call or wait??

tag
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Amex..... Call or wait??

I reconned an Amex Delta Skymiles app due to a very drastic score change on my Experian (from 640 to 713) Status changed from declined to "in progress". What should my next move be? Is it better to wait it out or call the backdoor number to get things moving along more quickly? Anyone had any good or bad experiences one way or another? Thanks in advance.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Amex..... Call or wait??

When did it change to in progress?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

yesterday. around 3PM eastern time.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@MissCredit9 wrote:

yesterday. around 3PM eastern time.

Give them a day IMHO

good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 6
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Be prepared to wait up to two weeks, not trying to scare you. Good luck

Message 5 of 6
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

thanks guys..... I will try to wait a few days before calling. I'm trying to book a flight for October and dont want to wait too long. I always fly Delta so it would be nice to have the card.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.