Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Card Approval Requirements?

tag
TheFate
Established Contributor

Amex Card Approval Requirements?

Does anybody here know what the base requirements are for Amex when applying for something like the Blue Cash or their Everday credit card?

Are they pretty strict?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Trixie51

Re: Amex Card Approval Requirements?

I dont know about those 2 cards, but I just go approved for the delta amex I went to there website to apply and got approved and my score is 638, 645, 658, I have no collections or anything, I have 57 perc credit usuage so you can use those statistics to help you lol.  I heard blue cash can be alittle more difficult to get.

Message 2 of 7
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@Trixie51 wrote:

I dont know about those 2 cards, but I just go approved for the delta amex I went to there website to apply and got approved and my score is 638, 645, 658, I have no collections or anything, I have 57 perc credit usuage so you can use those statistics to help you lol.  I heard blue cash can be alittle more difficult to get.

Congrats.  how much of a limit did they give you?

Message 3 of 7
Trixie51

It didnt tell me on the instant approval and when I called they said when I get the card it would say. Hopefully its decent I went on a app spree and been getting 4-7k limits.

Message 4 of 7
HailtotheVictors79
Contributor

Here is my stats:

They ran my EXP which is currently 685, AAoA is around 6 years, Utili less than 5%, 3 inquiries, 4 total baddies (2 old collections, 2 old judgements)

They approved me instantly for The BCE.

Alot of variables go into their decision and the credit score we get when we pay for it is not always the same as what they use.

Everyone seems to have different experiences.

What are your stats if you dont mind?

Message 5 of 7
blu387
Established Member

I was approved for the Blue Cash Preferred a couple of weeks ago.

Stats when applied:

EX: 690

AAOA: 5.6 years.

Cards already had: 1 USAA CC @ 2,500 Limit, 1 Capital One Platinum (formerly HSBC Orchard Bank Card) @ 500 Limit.

Utilization: Mostly on USAA, but all together about 10-20% a month, paid in full each month.

Income: Student 17k/year.

Bad Marks: 3 charge off accounts from 2006/7 from Capital One, USAA, and Washington Mutual/Chase, none paid in full- all settled for less than full amount.

Now this was surpsing to me because I didn't think I would be approved for a preferrerd card but the live chat guy said that AMEX doesn't really have different requirements for the different cards so I should apply for the one that fit my needs the most. So... I applied for the AMEX BCP and got instantly approved for a limit of 4,000. Shocking to say the least. I had been trying to get an AMEX card for the past decade, even before my bad marks and I was unable to get approved with a higher credit income and a higher score and with no bad marks on my credit report. 

Message 6 of 7
TheFate
Established Contributor

My score will change soon as I just won on my Validation dispute, hoping I also get a good response from 2 GW letters just sent last week as well.

None the less my current Experian Score according to Freecreditreport is 631, TU is 683 and Equifax is 596 for some weired reason

AAoA is 1year 6 mo

Total Credit limit on all cards is only $4,600

Utilization: 5%

Current income is 52k

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.