Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Cardmember Pre-approvals/Prequalified Offers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Cardmember Pre-approvals/Prequalified Offers

@Anonymous wrote:

I would call the reconsideration line for that one, for sure, if you're interested in the card. Don't let them send you to the New Accounts team, but ask specifically for the Credit Bureau team. Those are the analysts that can reverse a denial.  I can dig through my notes to find the number if you need it, but it's somewhere on the boards. 

This is good information. I called recon back in april about an app and ended up with the New Accounts team which got me no where. Would you mind posting that number just for reference?

Message 11 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah it asked for income when I hit apply but never asked me to login.  I figured after I entered all my information it would ask me to login but never did. That is what has happened in the past when I applied after getting my initial card.  I guess I should have never entered income but figured it would take me to login page.  

Message 12 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah it asked for income when I hit apply but never asked me to login.  I figured after I entered all my information it would ask me to login but never did. That is what has happened in the past when I applied after getting my initial card.  I guess I should have never entered income but figured it would take me to login page.  

Were you already logged in for some reason? Thats only reason I can see for it never to ask you to.

Message 13 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Over the weekend I was also checking out the card offers while logged into my account since I was curious with the new Blue Delta Skymiles card. Each time I logged in, it kept saying that I was pre-approved but I did not apply. Each time I revert back to my account homepage, it automatically requires me to log back in. Today I tested the page again and was showing the similar message from Uncle B's post. What's interesting was that at the time that I was getting the pre-approved message was when I had a balance on both the Green and the BCE, I paid them both yesterday down to 0. Not sure if that is related to the change in pre-approvals. They just SP'd my  EX as well and has since increased by 10 points from their last pull. 

Message 14 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Were you already logged in for some reason? Thats only reason I can see for it never to ask you to.

Maybe it was confused as I have two American Express log ins.  One for my corporate card and one for my personal cards. I even closed the website down as soon as it started showing message that I was applying.  But then I got an email that I was approved.  

Message 15 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe it was confused as I have two American Express log ins.  One for my corporate card and one for my personal cards. I even closed the website down as soon as it started showing message that I was applying.  But then I got an email that I was approved.  

That is weird. Are you going to keep the account? Did you recieve a HP?

Message 16 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That is weird. Are you going to keep the account? Did you recieve a HP?

I just got the Ameriprise Platinum last week so I did not get a hard pull. I will keep the card. I am in the middle of a 4k spend on a CITI AAdvantage and wanted my wife to get a Chase card next but I will manage the 3k spend.

Message 17 of 43
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Woops this didn't work for me and now I have a Starwood Card.  I was just seeing if I was pre-approved or not and was expecting to get the login request but I never got it.  So instead it went straight through.  And only at the 30k point level. 

Did it never ask you for income? I find it odd that you never hit a point where it would ask for input before fully submitting the application.

That would be odd indeed. Discover always says federal regulations require them to "use updated income when determining your credit line needs".

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 18 of 43
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

Data point here. Works great, thanks OP. When I go to the "Charge & Credit Card Offers" when being logged in, and click 'Apply now' on any card, it shows it like this:

you are pre-approved!

Get a decision in as little as 30 seconds.

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 19 of 43
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would call the reconsideration line for that one, for sure, if you're interested in the card. Don't let them send you to the New Accounts team, but ask specifically for the Credit Bureau team. Those are the analysts that can reverse a denial.  I can dig through my notes to find the number if you need it, but it's somewhere on the boards. 

This is good information. I called recon back in april about an app and ended up with the New Accounts team which got me no where. Would you mind posting that number just for reference?

Good information indeed, didn't know that either!

The number I have on file for the Credit Bureau Unit is 800-874-2717

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.