cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Cardmember applying online - application interface is different between cards. =

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Amex Cardmember applying online - application interface is different between cards. =

Hi All,

I was about to apply for a couple of Amex cards and noticed when I signed in and choose to apply for the BCE Card, application process was slightly different from the other card I was going to apply for. Does the mean anything. Is one card a pre-approval and the other isnt?

BCE Application Page:BCE.jpg

Other Card Application  Page:

GC App.jpg

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Cardmember applying online - application interface is different between cards. =

Is this due to a pre-approval?

I think I saw that page about a year ago

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Cardmember applying online - application interface is different between cards. =

@myjourney wrote:

Which page are you referring too? And was a that a pre-approval/pre-qualified offer?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 3 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Which page are you referring too? And was a that a pre-approval/pre-qualified offer?

Yes the sceenshot you showed I have seen before when I had a pre-approval and applied IIRC but that was over a year ago 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Double post Ooops don't know how that happened 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

Hi All,

I was about to apply for a couple of Amex cards and noticed when I signed in and choose to apply for the BCE Card, application process was slightly different from the other card I was going to apply for. Does the mean anything. Is one card a pre-approval and the other isnt?

BCE Application Page:BCE.jpg

Other Card Application  Page:

GC App.jpg

Quick questions... You already have an Am ex? And you signed in to your account to apply for a new card? Did it ask you for the numbers on the front of your card before you got to the screen for the info? And which screen was the pre qual? I already have an AmEx, waiting to app BCP. Would love to see a pre qual for existing customers.

ThanksSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
sjt
Senior Contributor

HI-

Yes I signed in and when directy to the application. They ask for the 4-digit CID number on your card, then directed to the application page.

You can also sign in and click on the card page and then click see your offers.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

HI-

Yes I signed in and when directy to the application. They ask for the 4-digit CID number on your card, then directed to the application page.

Thanks. So which page was the pre qual? Please let me know when you app. Good luckSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sjt wrote:

HI-

Thanks. So which page was the pre qual? Please let me know when you app. Good luckSmiley Happy

When you log in go Cards, then click on "Choose a card with our help" Then click  "Want to review our card offers"

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.