Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Charge Auto Pay Dates

tag
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Amex Charge Auto Pay Dates

My statement closes on the 20th of every month and there is a 15 day please pay by date. Should I set my autopay to 15 days after statement closing because there are options from 15-25 days after closing. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Charge Auto Pay Dates

@Rackham94 wrote:

My statement closes on the 20th of every month and there is a 15 day please pay by date. Should I set my autopay to 15 days after statement closing because there are options from 15-25 days after closing. 

I don't think it matters as long as you pay before the 20th. Amex charge cards' due dates are 30 days after statement date as opposed to their credit cards which are due 25 days after statement date.

I always set all my Amex cards 25 days after statement date and sync all their statement dates.

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 2 of 6
stengiz
Regular Contributor

i am an authorised user on premier rewards , it used to be 13 days after the statement closing day , this month it is 24 days later. it is best to keep an eye on i guess

last app July 13 2016
Message 3 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@kkapdolee wrote:

@Rackham94 wrote:

I don't think it matters as long as you pay before the 20th. Amex charge cards' due dates are 30 days after statement date as opposed to their credit cards which are due 25 days after statement date.

I always set all my Amex cards 25 days after statement date and sync all their statement dates.

My due date is not 30 days from statement cut.  It's usually 17-20 days.  For instance, cut Nov 26 due Dec 11

Message 4 of 6
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

Hmm my due date doesn't seem to be 30 days after either. I just got my prg and the rep said on the phone that its always 30 days. Apparently not..
[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 5 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@kkapdolee wrote:
Hmm my due date doesn't seem to be 30 days after either. I just got my prg and the rep said on the phone that its always 30 days. Apparently not..

Being that is due before each statement, that would be almost impossible. Maybe they meant your first bill will not be due for 30 days

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.