Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Charge Monthly Spending?

tag
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Amex Charge Monthly Spending?

How much do other myfico Amex charge card holders run through their card monthly? I've had mine for 3 months now and love it. With my spending, I won't get much back at the end of the year after the $125 (Gold), but the added protections are worth it after that.
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Charge Monthly Spending?

I use my extensively and net a profit each year.  Smiley Happy  LOVE IT!!

Where I thought color was important - not anymore.  I made it to Platinum, hung out there for a few  years, still made a profit.   But now, I am a gold (by choice), and still make a profit.   If I could, without loosing the history, I would drop back down to a green card.  Smiley Happy   But Amex says that would be a new app, new card number.

Message 2 of 26
FicoTron
Established Contributor

I've heard you can go to a green from gold, just not Zync. You may want to look into that.
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 3 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I have spent 15.7k through zync sine I got it at the end of feb.

Anyone ever upgraded a zync to gold or similar? I like the charge card enough as a product that I could see carrying a fairly upgraded one to maximize rewards

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 26
CS800
Super Contributor

I use mine extensively for work purchases (travel tickets, hotels, rental cars, conference rooms, dinners), depends on the month from $1000 to $5000 per month on my Platinum.

Message 5 of 26
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Web, I think within first 13 months, it's new inquiry and card. You then cancel zync. At 13 months, you can pc up. Positives to new card new inquiry is that you should do it through signup bonus link like the prg gold with waived 1st year af and points. As for waiting, just don't use points as they will convert to better mr points once you get higher level Amex charge card.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 6 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Crashem wrote:
Web, I think within first 13 months, it's new inquiry and card. You then cancel zync. At 13 months, you can pc up. Positives to new card new inquiry is that you should do it through signup bonus link like the prg gold with waived 1st year af and points. As for waiting, just don't use points as they will convert to better mr points once you get higher level Amex charge card.

Bingo... to the Zync poster about upgrading... I would do this (Applky for Gold Plus with opening rewards and free for one year AF and let your Zync sit back and link it over to your Gold once you set that up online and your points will convert... it's win win.

To poster that has Gold and wants Green, You should have no issues going from Gold to Green, and actually I don't know why you wouldn't be able to go to Zync.  I did!  The first commercial I saw for Zync I was on phone with rep in under 30 seconds and it was PC from Gold to Zync in under 5 minutes! Smiley Happy

You have to have the account for over a year now to do PC when it involves AF but after that should not be issue.

Message 7 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

So far I've only used points once. I redeemed for an iHome system to use with my iphone.

After the 13 months, does it cost a HP to upgrade?
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I probably average about $500 a month through my Zync

Message 9 of 26
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@webhopper wrote:
So far I've only used points once. I redeemed for an iHome system to use with my iphone.

After the 13 months, does it cost a HP to upgrade?

I believe that upgrades and PCs are only a soft pull. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.