cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Charge Off Oasis Options?

tag
CreditBunny

Amex Charge Off Oasis Options?

I had a Amex Gold card charge off in 2011 for $1,300. I got an Oasis program letter that I didn't sign up for since I didn't really know what it was about, so I called collections and paid off my balance in full July 2014. Is there a way I can find out if I'm blacklisted/if I am still eligible for that program even though I paid off my balace already? I really want to get back with Amex :/ 

App Spree right now- Going to start gardening Jan 2017
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Charge Off Oasis Options?

You are not going to be eligible for Oasis at this point. It is offered before you pay off AMEX. The only easy you can find out if you are blacklisted or not, apply for the card toy want. If they have blacklisted you you will see no HP and straight denial. If you see HOW and then a denial toy know your are off the BL.

How are your scores now? If they are good you may get the card you want. It may not have a good SL but you may get one.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied and I was denied because thry said my FICO is too low :/ does thst mean I'm not bl?

Message 3 of 12
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just applied and I was denied because thry said my FICO is too low :/ does thst mean I'm not bl?

That is good news, you are off their BL 

Message 4 of 12
creditguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If they performed a HP on you than you more than likely are not blacklisted. What card were you applying for and what's your current EX score if you don't mind sharing. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for a Gold card again. My FICO sucks right now (didn't know what it was until they did that pull) and I'm currently rebuilding-- 576. Will apply again in several months when I'm completely back on track. What is a minimum FICO to be accepted? I was only 20 when I got approved with fairly new credit then.

Message 6 of 12
thummel
Established Contributor

I got my gold charge at 670, but had a otherwise spotless report besides my utilization. I would apply at no less then 680 on EX. Just my thought but ymmv.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thummel wrote:
I got my gold charge at 670, but had a otherwise spotless report besides my utilization. I would apply at no less then 680 on EX. Just my thought but ymmv.

From my experience, anything over 700 is preferred.  670 appears to be their cut off point, so you likely won't get anything below 670.  But the higher, the better.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for a Gold card again. My FICO sucks right now (didn't know what it was until they did that pull) and I'm currently rebuilding-- 576. Will apply again in several months when I'm completely back on track. What is a minimum FICO to be accepted? I was only 20 when I got approved with fairly new credit then.

I had a score of around 650 when I got my Blue Cash Preferred. When I got my PRG my score was about 700. Keep on track, wait until you're in the high 600's to app. 

Message 9 of 12
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Yeah 576 is too low for AMEX. I suggest you take time to finish the rebuild and then apply for Amex
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.