Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Clear anyone have it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Clear anyone have it?

I browsed the amex site last night found the clear card it states thier are no fees associated with this card BT-0 OVL-0 CADV-0 Returned check fee-0 no fees of any kind. apr decent 10.24%. Has anyone gotten this card if so how do you like or have you ever checked it out for consideration. 0% BT for 12 mos. I have never had an AMEX card kinda would like to have it for a prime card on CR.Just curious if it is worth considering. Thanks Credit 08
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Clear anyone have it?

I was looking to try to add an AMEX card and considered the clear.  I decided to apply for the Blue Cash and was approved.  EQ score is 714, don't know the others.  The blue cash just sounded like i could get a lot more cash back than the 1% flat rate you get on the clear.  The only benefit I saw for the clear over blue cash was the annual credit report and score.....  but we get that free anyway from annualcreditreport.com lol.  That just means instead of 3 free a year you would get 4.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 12
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I have the Clear card. It's okay. Not the best rewards.

My friend and I were up late one night drinking and decided to apply to see if we could both get it.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 12
opsrex
Valued Member

I agree. Nothing really special about it, although when I was busy trying to buy a business and forgot to send a payment, it was nice not having them charge a late fee. My business gold card and personal platinum are way better for rewards. They did pump my cl from 7K to 17K when I requested a cli when buying the business. It took a couple of weeks (I had only been out of Oasis for about 6 months) to get approved, but as always, Amex came through.
Message 4 of 12
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

FretlessMayhem wrote:
My friend and I were up late one night drinking and decided to apply to see if we could both get it.

ROFL! Time to find a new hobby Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys, Fretless thrasher opsrex i appreciate your insight very much basicly it is your average ol run of the mill CC nothing special. Perhaps I shall continue on my cc "Safari" LoL.Insert Smileys P.S Fretless If you are in search of a new hobby you wanna go on Safari HA HA HA.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never understood the appeal of this card.  No fees of any kind.  Meh.

No AF: Lots of Amex cards have that feature.

No BT fee: Why would anyone want to BT to Amex if they had a choice?  BTs are for long-term balances.  Amex hates long-term balances.

No OTL fee:  Shouldn't be going OTL anyway.

No late fees:  So when that 30-day shows up on your report, at least you won't be charged for it.

Rewards: 1% in the form of Amex gift cards.  Again, meh.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey cheddar thanks for the reply currently none of those fees are a problem for me with my CC"s this card offers 5.99% fixed for life of bal what do think also do you have any suggestions for other amex cards that you know of. Thanks credit 08
Message 8 of 12
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I've never understood the appeal of this card. No fees of any kind. Meh.

No AF: Lots of Amex cards have that feature.

No BT fee: Why would anyone want to BT to Amex if they had a choice? BTs are for long-term balances. Amex hates long-term balances.

No OTL fee: Shouldn't be going OTL anyway.

No late fees: So when that 30-day shows up on your report, at least you won't be charged for it.

Rewards: 1% in the form of Amex gift cards. Again, meh.

I agree. It would be nicer if it had a no preset spending limit thing though.
Here we go again...
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep you got a point thanks
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.