Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Corp Card report to my CR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Corp Card report to my CR?

I've had an Amex corp card for 4 years, always paid on time. Problem is, the TL isn't reporting to my CR.

Is it possible to have Amex start reporting to my CR without going through a whole approval process as if I were applying for a new card? I'd like the TL on my CR without a hard inquiry.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Corp Card report to my CR?

Normally corporate and business cards does not report to personal ( except few exceptions like Discover / Capital One ). I heard you can ask Amex to report your business card on to your personal. Read other posts on this forum and you might find more info. Or call Amex and ask them and see what they say.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh. Just got off the phone with Amex. They won't report to my personal CR unless I go 120 days late (which I never do). The only way to get an Amex TL on my CR is by opening a personal acct with them. Great. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Sorry to hear that.

Some corporations have a deal with AmEx where employees can pay the annual fee on the card, have it report, and get the rewards. DH once had that option, but he wasn't interested. The only way you can find out if your card is eligible is to call, as you did.

But I think that's becoming less and less common, as most businesses want to reserve the goodies for the biz.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.