Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Corp Liability C/O on my credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Corp Liability C/O on my credit report

In 2002 I had some personal issues where I made the choice to start using my AMEX Corp card for personal issues.   I was broke and needed essentials.  I became very past due and was sent to collections. 

Financial advisors told me to file bankruptcy...but I didn't feel it was right.  I bucked up and lived poor for 3 years to pay back every creditor all past due and current balances.  I have to say it feels great to have absolutely NO debt.

With my new job I make much more money.  I have a good savings cushion now and am looking for a new mortgage.  My FICO scores range from are 560 Ex 600 EQ amd 620 TU.

American Express is reporting this as a charge off on my credit reports.  I understand this is legal and accurate.  My questions are. 
  Since
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex Corp Liability C/O on my credit report

Hi, JMW --if you got interrupted while writing your post, you can click "options" at the top right and "edit message" and finish it up.

If you're in Firefox, make sure that you click the box at the bottom left that says "Automatically convert carriage returns to HTML line breaks," or it will turn into a giant blob when you hit submit.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Corp Liability C/O on my credit report

JMW331 wrote:

I made the choice to start using my AMEX Corp card for personal issues.
I became very past due and was sent to collections. 
I have to say it feels great to have absolutely NO debt.
American Express is reporting this as a charge off on my credit reports.

Was the AMEX PIF or settled or do you still owe 'em?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.