Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Costco - Application

tag
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Amex Costco - Application

First of all, thanks to the forum...

I am so so close to making my app for the Costco True Earning card.

Better to do in store ?

I have EX frozen, too many inq's in 12 months(7 of them).

I am drving to CA today.  Has anybody had better success apping at store in a different state then you live to get a different CR pull ?

My myFICO TU as of yesterday was a cool 700. With 3 Inq from 8 months ago.I have my CSP about to report a 0 bal, that will get my UTL at 7%.

I have seen people in store in CA have TU pulled.

Or is it eaiser to get a Charge Card product from Amex ?

I used to have AMEX almost 20 years ago, and Backdating would be wonderful.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

J

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Costco - Application

If you apply in stores you will get a descion right away. If you apply online they will need to verify your membership and that could take days. 

Charge cards tend to be easier, build the relationship then apply for a revolver. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 8
djrez4
Established Contributor

Better to apply in store for the reason stated above.

From what I understand, the CRA is based on your mailing zip code, not the location where you apply, so applying in CA rather than wherever you live shouldn't make a difference.

Message 3 of 8
dogmeat
Regular Contributor

I app'd online and was instantly approved for the TrueEarnings card.  So they definitely do not always wait to verify membership for online applications.  Amex pulled EX, which I left unfrozen because I knew they would pull it.  I had 14 INQs on EX at the time, too, so I was a bit surprised (but many of them were over 1 year, and many of those over 1 year were previous Amex INQs, if that matters, I don't know).

Message 4 of 8
RyVision
Valued Contributor

If you're going to be near a Costco, you might just want to apply in the store.  I haven't read many (if any other than the above really) posts about people being instantly approved for CTE online.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 5 of 8
MrxLeo
Contributor

Hey J,

I came across your post and wanted to see how the application went with Costco?  Did you ever apply?  I'm planning on applying in a couple weeks and wanted to see if you had any success.  Any information would be valuable.  Thanks!

Starting Score: 609
Current Score: EX: 723 (08/18), TU: 741 (08/15), EQ: 695(08/15)
Goal Score: 785

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
Epcot
Valued Contributor

This is one card I am starting to have the itch to apply for. I applied back about 6 years ago but got denied. (I had high util).

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 7 of 8
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Epcot wrote:
This is one card I am starting to have the itch to apply for. I applied back about 6 years ago but got denied. (I had high util).

With your current scores I bet you can get approved now!?!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.