Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Costco CLI No Longer Available

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Costco CLI No Longer Available

Went to Amex site and tried to CLI on my Costco card. CLI option returns an error saying to call in. All of my other Amex cards gave immediate online CLI screen asking for security code.

Then I checked my transfer CL UI on Amex site and my Costco card is no longer in the drop downs.

Assume it is due to selling portfolio to Citi - maybe can't change exposure for the accounts they are selling.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Cory
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Costco CLI No Longer Available

@Anonymous wrote:

Went to Amex site and tried to CLI on my Costco card. CLI option returns an error saying to call in. All of my other Amex cards gave immediate online CLI screen asking for security code.

Then I checked my transfer CL UI on Amex site and my Costco card is no longer in the drop downs.

Assume it is due to selling portfolio to Citi - maybe can't change exposure for the accounts they are selling.

Right, the portfolio has already been sold to Citi. It would make since for AMEX to not allow changes, as the accounts now belong to Citi and sold "as is" You can read the "Q&A's" on American Express website. Changes to the card of any kind where discontinued on March 15, 2016.

Message 2 of 3
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Costco CLI No Longer Available

Yeah, my moms costco amex has been saying that.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.