Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Costco TrueEarning

tag
hot4u
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Costco TrueEarning

@titanofold wrote:

Wait until you pay off your cards. Let 1 card report a balance of 1% - 9% of it's CL. Once you've reached that, apply and you'll be looking just about as good as you can look.

+1 Agree

Then in future if denied by Amex since you are a member it should only be a Soft Pull. Hp if Approved.

I would wait as long as possible your next card will be backdated to your first card date.. Win Win AAOA will love it...

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 11 of 15
AC0308
Established Member

@Pat94108 wrote:

@titanofold wrote:

Wait until you pay off your cards. Let 1 card report a balance of 1% - 9% of it's CL. Once you've reached that, apply and you'll be looking just about as good as you can look.

+1. If you apply now with all the balances and the near maxed out credit card, Amex will think you're desperate for credit and that's not a good thing. 

Good point. I'm not desperate, just very impatient.

Amex Blue Sky - $8,700
Discover IT - $4,500
Amex TrueEarnings - 3,500
Elan Financial - $2,000
CapitalOne - $1,250
Chase Slate - $1,200
Message 12 of 15
AC0308
Established Member

@hot4u wrote:

@titanofold wrote:

+1 Agree

Then in future if denied by Amex since you are a member it should only be a Soft Pull. Hp if Approved.

I would wait as long as possible your next card will be backdated to your first card date.. Win Win AAOA will love it...

That's great! I didn't know that.

Amex Blue Sky - $8,700
Discover IT - $4,500
Amex TrueEarnings - 3,500
Elan Financial - $2,000
CapitalOne - $1,250
Chase Slate - $1,200
Message 13 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@AC0308 wrote:

@Pat94108 wrote:

@titanofold wrote:

+1. If you apply now with all the balances and the near maxed out credit card, Amex will think you're desperate for credit and that's not a good thing. 

Good point. I'm not desperate, just very impatient.

You're just going to have to exercise patience OP.  I agree with everyone's feedback which is pretty good guidance to leverage a better chance for approval.  Otherwise, you'll be back to square one.

Message 14 of 15
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@AC0308 wrote:

Anyway, I'm now interested in applying for the Costco card, but I'm guessing I should wait until all my balances are way lower, especially on the amex?

Generally speaking the lower your utilization the better your odds for a higher CL and lower APR.

@AC0308 wrote:

Out of curiousity, would it hurt to try now anyway? My understanding is that it would be a soft pull?

It's not just the pull.  As I indicated you could end up stuck with a low CL and a high APR.  Be patient, get your credit optimized and ensure that the changes are reporting before you apply.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.