Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex/Costco and Amex/Blue Cash Denial

tag
windyciti
New Visitor

Amex/Costco and Amex/Blue Cash Denial

Hello,

So I am looking for some advice on what this means to be denied from both cards. I have been on a cc spree and I have been approved for everything but the AMEX card. Over the last 4 months I have applied for Capital One Platinum Mastercard (was just up graded to the Quick Silver with a credit line increase to $1500 from $750), victoria secret cc ($350 limit), Best Buy Citi($2500 limit), Discover It($4500). I also called for a credit line increase on my Chase Freedom-My oldest credit card (which has a line of $800 but is now $2000). BOA World points ($1000 limit) is my second oldest but they didnt approve me for a credit line increase because I was 30days late last August. What could I do to improve my credit more and how can I be approved for AMEX?

Thank

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex/Costco and Amex/Blue Cash Denial

I think that means you've hit a wall and need to stop applying for credit to let your accounts age a bit. You've just said that you've been on a spree and that could be why you were denied. Usually, when you're denied, applying for another card from the same company that just denied you probably isn't a good idea. Bottom line - stop applying or seeking new credit (this includes CLIs) and pay your bills on time. Your scores will improve accordingly and you'll have a better chance at getting approved for an amex in the future. I'd wait for the letter from amex with their reasons for denial and see what I can do to improve. Good luck. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 2 of 4
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Good advice parakleet. It's EXACTLY the same thing I was told here on the forum after I opened my 7th new acct. THEN tried for AMEX PRG and was denied. And I'm doing just that (gardening) right now (until late Feb.-March 14')

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 3 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

@parakleet wrote:

I think that means you've hit a wall and need to stop applying for credit to let your accounts age a bit. You've just said that you've been on a spree and that could be why you were denied. Usually, when you're denied, applying for another card from the same company that just denied you probably isn't a good idea. Bottom line - stop applying or seeking new credit (this includes CLIs) and pay your bills on time. Your scores will improve accordingly and you'll have a better chance at getting approved for an amex in the future. I'd wait for the letter from amex with their reasons for denial and see what I can do to improve. Good luck. 

+1

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.