Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Costco it could be a HP!

tag
Express
Frequent Contributor

Amex Costco it could be a HP!

I called Amex to see if they had any offers for the Costco menbers and was told because I had been with them for over 5 years that I could get the Blue Cash card without a hp, so I said Ok, but within the hour I received a credit alert from Experian saying that Amex had pulled my credit. Smiley Mad

So I called Amex today to ask about the HP,and was told 90/% of them is a soft pull.I didn't need the card since I have 4 already! if he would have told me it was going to be a HP I wouldn't have applied for the card!

CL $408,200
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Costco it could be a HP!

@Express wrote:

I called Amex to see if they had any offers for the Costco menbers and was told because I had been with them for over 5 years that I could get the Blue Cash card without a hp, so I said Ok, but within the hour I received a credit alert from Experian saying that Amex had pulled my credit. Smiley Mad

So I called Amex today to ask about the HP,and was told 90/% of them is a soft pull.I didn't need the card since I have 4 already! if he would have told me it was going to be a HP I wouldn't have applied for the card!

I'm sorry ot hear that .. you can try calling the credit bureau unit to see if they are willing to remove that Hard Pull.

Since you did apply for credit they certainty have the right to do a HP on you. When I applied for my BCE I got approved with a SP but I think for everyone YMMV depends on your credit profile.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Express wrote:

I'm sorry ot hear that .. you can try calling the credit bureau unit to see if they are willing to remove that Hard Pull.

Since you did apply for credit they certainty have the right to do a HP on you. When I applied for my BCE I got approved with a SP but I think for everyone YMMV depends on your credit profile.

calling the credit bureau isn't going to do any good.  Only chance of getting it removed us thru Anex and that's not likely unless you can get them to pull up the tape of the call where the CSR said it would be a SP.

Message 3 of 15
Express
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Express wrote:

I understand about the HP but I was told that it was going to be a SP.

CL $408,200
Message 4 of 15
Express
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Express wrote:

calling the credit bureau isn't going to do any good.  Only chance of getting it removed us thru Anex and that's not likely unless you can get them to pull up the tape of the call where the CSR said it would be a SP.

That's true but since I got the HP I took the extra $20,800. I just wanted everone to be aware of what they're doing!

CL $408,200
Message 5 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Express wrote:

Tacoguy said "credit bureau unit" which is part of Amex.

Message 6 of 15
Express
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Express wrote:

My credit is fine 802 796 801, and I have 4 cards with them already.

CL $408,200
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting, thanks for the info.  I always thought it was a hard pull if approved and only a soft pull if denied if you're an existing Amex customer.  I wasn't aware they approve cards just on a soft pull.  Something for me to think about.  

Message 8 of 15
Express
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting, thanks for the info.  I always thought it was a hard pull if approved and only a soft pull if denied if you're an existing Amex customer.  I wasn't aware they approve cards just on a soft pull.  Something for me to think about.  

I was told it was because of the Costco card is going away.

CL $408,200
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Express wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was told it was because of the Costco card is going away.

Ah, thanks for clarifying.  That makes sense.  

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.