Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Credit Bureau Dispute

tag
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Amex Credit Bureau Dispute

Soooooooo I called the AMEX credit bureau/dispute line today from a number not on my account with them nor did I give them any personal information, I asked a simple question..."Since AMEX pulls my EX report a few times a year to get the latest info on me, does that mean you have our EX score too?" The lady said "Yes, but to save you for your next question, we cannot give that information out to you. While we have that information, we do not give it to our customers if they ask; unfortunately, nor do we give our internal risk score numbers.  However, we are more than happy to provide you with a yearly free credit report without the score."

Damn. LOL. 

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Credit Bureau Dispute

An extra FREE credit report from EX not completely a bad deal. Would have been nice to get scores, but at least they offer something.

Good idea and attempt to find out if it would work.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 10
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

I know what a bummer. I figured, what the heck, why not try! Though I did find out through my credit union that if I app for a credit card they use Experian and would give me my score. 

I may hold them to that, but I have no interest in other cards.

===========
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 3 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Heck, donate 20 bucks to Pennsylvania Rec and Parks, join PSECU, and find out your EX FICO every month! Smiley Wink

I'm perfectly happy to chip in for a swing or bark mulch on a trail somewhere in PA, although it's been 10 or more years since I was in the state. I've spent money on stranger things before.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 10
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

LMBO!!!  +1

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 5 of 10
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

I know, I'm tempted to Hauling, but I do not want them to pull hard on me...Although someone said they pull Equifax, right? I do not want a credit product, though.

===========
Message 6 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

No, they pull Experian. And like many/ most CU's, they do the inq when you join.

I probably won't get a credit product from them. I need to change the bank (actually, my old CU) from which my car loan payment is pulled, so I'm going to use PSECU for that.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 10
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I have 3inquiries on EX between Sept-Nov so I think I'll stop for a while...Maybe next year Smiley Wink 

===========
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian a a MNC (multinational cororation) that supplies credit reports to consumers in England and elsewhere abroard.  It may be that Am Ex cannot release scores to their cardholders as a matter of contract with Experian.

Message 9 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Actually, no lenders are supposed to release scores to customers, except for mortgage lenders.

Sometimes you get lucky and they do. But I don't think it has anything to do with whether a bureau is multinational or whatever.

I thought it was pretty funny that the AmEx CSR knew exactly what the next question would be. Smiley Very Happy

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the lenders have agreed not to tell consumers their scores in an attempt to keep us from doing exactly what we're doing, comparing notes on what it takes to get what.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.