Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Credit Lines above $25K

tag
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Credit Lines above $25K

@ArisGreek wrote:

Funny enough when I did my CLI today the maximum you could get approved for was up to $25,000.  I wonder if AMEX is capping it's CLs at $25k.  Though one posted said they have a $30k line.

Did you do it online?  I think I have read other threads that state that $25K is max online request, or maybe max automated request.  Above that you have to talk to someone or something like that.  I know this has been discussed before.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 13
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

I did it over the phone with the automated system.
===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 12 of 13
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i don't see this being mentioned, but i believe amex revolving cards can be charged beyond their max without a problem. though you can max out a revolving amex, there is no over the limit fee. at least there isn't on either my blue cash or hhonors.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.