Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex - Credit Reallocation finally worked for me

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Amex - Credit Reallocation finally worked for me

So finally was able to reallocate a bit of my Amex limit today.. Tried last month and got account to new for some reason although was 13 months old and donor was very old as well finally went through when I tried again today online.. 

Had an Amex ED with 26k took 2k from it to move to my 2k Amex HHONOR to make it 4k.  So now my Amex ED card is 24k and HHonors is 4k.  A more useable limit on the HHonors card and honestly didn't need 26k or even close on the ED card.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex - Credit Reallocation finally worked for me

Good to hear that you finally had success with them.

Message 2 of 14
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Glad you were finally able to do what you wanted to do, though I'm surprised you only opted to move 2k.

Message 3 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:

Glad you were finally able to do what you wanted to do, though I'm surprised you only opted to move 2k.

Will hit the Hilton up for 3x next month making it 12k and leaving my ED at 24k.  Should work as planned, but as we know anything can happen and get the 4506-t request possibly and then submit it if needed.  Just wanted to make the HHonors more useable from the 2k it was to 4k, which is usable for that card.  Also wasnt expecting it to work, so just kinda threw in a number and to my suprise it did.. You can re-allocate with Amex every 30 days if that isnt enough for my needs and my 2x or 3x doesn't go through which I can try for April 13th next month

Message 4 of 14
NRB525
Super Contributor

Congratulations, good to know the detail date requirements.

What is your AMEX lineup now? 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 14
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Congrats. Amex allow for reallocation to a card once 13 statements have been cut, not account age of 13 months.
769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 6 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@NRB525 wrote:

Thanks

Amex ED 24k

HHonors 4k

SimplyCash 19.7k

Amex Platinum (will be dowgrading to Sr. Green at 1 year mark or green if Sr. isn't available as Overlaps with Ritz for me for travel card and find more value in Ritz)

Message 7 of 14
Open123
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Thanks

Amex ED 24k

HHonors 4k

SimplyCash 19.7k

Amex Platinum (will be dowgrading to Sr. Green at 1 year mark or green if Sr. isn't available as Overlaps with Ritz for me for travel card and find more value in Ritz)

Nice line up!

Recently, I've changed my mind on the Amex Plat.  For me, most of my flights originate and fly to one of the Airports with a Centurion Lounge, which are leagues above domestic Airline lounges.  In comparison, I find Airline lounges barely adequate when compared to Amex's.  Apparently, Amex has plans to bring new Centurion lounges to Houston and LA.

Recently, I've found some really nice deals on FHR.  I booked some SPG properties for a 4th night free, upgrade to corner suite, breakfast for 2, $100 resort credit and the same price (even a little cheaper) than I could have found on spg.com.  Morever, upon checking in, I also received SPG points for the stay!  I've had a few Ritz stays where using FHR was a better deal with a free night compared to using my Ritz card.

With these improvements, I'm definitely going to keep it now.

Message 8 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Open123 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Thanks

Amex ED 24k

HHonors 4k

SimplyCash 19.7k

Nice line up!

Recently, I've changed my mind on the Amex Plat.  For me, most of my flights originate and fly to one of the Airports with a Centurion Lounge, which are leagues above domestic Airline lounges.  In comparison, I find Airline lounges barely adequate when compared to Amex's.  Apparently, Amex has plans to bring new Centurion lounges to Houston and LA.

Recently, I've found some really nice deals on FHR.  I booked some SPG properties for a 4th night free, upgrade to corner suite, breakfast for 2, $100 resort credit and the same price (even a little cheaper) than I could have found on spg.com.  Morever, upon checking in, I also received SPG points for the stay!  I've had a few Ritz stays where using FHR was a better deal with a free night compared to using my Ritz card.

With these improvements, I'm definitely going to keep it now.

Ya if the cities I flew to had the Centurion Lounge I think differently, but they don't.. Well Vegas would be one exception, but haven't even been there for a few years, but that is a nice perk and it has other nice perks, but for me the Amex PRG would suit me personally better for my needs at the moment, but won't downgrade and give up 50k MR bonus sign-up thus the green to buld more AAoA.  Sitting on 125k MR's atm, once I pick up the PRG sometime this years should be close to 190k with signups and other spend.  Obviosuly if I eventually got rid of Plat and future PRG I will have my no AF ed to hold them.

Alot of big travelers do find very good value in the platinum card though!  I personally mainly got it to try it and of course the 100k MR's bonus that was going on for a few short days 

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, CC! I was just meaning to ask how this was going for you. I know you have been waiting on it.

Will they let you reallocate 100% of credit line and close the other card if you wanted to online, or does that require you to call in? I'll probably do that with my two Amex cards when they have reached the appropriate age, and close one of them, but did not know if a full reallocation and closure could be completed online.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.