Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex - Credit Reallocation finally worked for me

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex - Credit Reallocation finally worked for me

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations, CC! I was just meaning to ask how this was going for you. I know you have been waiting on it.

Will they let you reallocate 100% of credit line and close the other card if you wanted to online, or does that require you to call in? I'll probably do that with my two Amex cards when they have reached the appropriate age, and close one of them, but did not know if a full reallocation and closure could be completed online.

Thanks

I believe you can reallocate everything but 500 of the CL if I recall the policy correctly.  I found a link that I don't believe is available to the general public by loging into their accounds online anymore, but what I used vs. calling in.  This link might be available on their site, but can't find out how to get their, found it through a google search and worked like a charm.

https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/logon/us/action?request_type=LogonHandler&Face=en_US&DestPage=https%3A%2F%2Fonline.americanexpress.com%2Fmyca%2Flinereallocation%2Fus%2Fssr.do%3Frequest_type%3Dauthreg_LineReallocation%26Face%3Den_US%26intLink%3Dus_ap_transfr_avlbl_crdt_other_card

Message 11 of 14
Open123
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Alot of big travelers do find very good value in the platinum card though!  I personally mainly got it to try it and of course the 100k MR's bonus that was going on for a few short days 

Still one of the best offers, ever!  Now, it's one per lifetime on both personal and business cards.  So, with Citi's 18 months and Chase's 5/24 (may include Cobrand ones in April), the golden harvesting years are over.

Congrats!  You're Green! 

Message 12 of 14
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nice job...glad it finally worked out Smiley Wink
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.