Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Declined Me:(

tag
CraveMazda
Contributor

Amex Declined Me:(

So I decided to pull the trigger and apply for a Amex BlueFly card since I received a preapproval for the Costco Amex. I received a denied due to low score (pulled TU 658) etc. So I deciced on the same day to try and apply for the Zync - the site said "cancelled'. I called and they said I had already applied for a card so I had to wait at least 30 days. I called the 800 number to ask for more detail on if cancelling means they pulled and are declining me again or if they didn't do a hardpull again. The lady then proceeds to tell me they only pulled TU because it appeared to have the most accurate information - which is actually false because I have spent a lot more time monitoring EQ thru Scorewatch. I explained to her the TU was actually not correct and requested they do a recon and pull EQ. She said I would have to wait for a week. After a week I got a message saying they "declined" me but when I opened the letter it said they cancelled my request because I had already applied for a different card earlier.

Question. Has this happened to anyone before? Is this common? So confused. I've read on this forum of a guy applying for two cards on the same day and getting declined for one but approved for the other?

Cap 1 Plat: $750 | Zync: NPSL | NFCU Rewards MC: $23K | Nordstrom Visa: $10K | USAA Amex: $4K | Chase Freedom: $5K | Discover IT: 11,500K | BCE: $ 11K
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Declined Me:(

Yes, they can cancel the application, if you have multiple apps. It happend to me also couple of times.

Message 2 of 3
winstars
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Declined Me:(

@CraveMazda wrote:

So I decided to pull the trigger and apply for a Amex BlueFly card since I received a preapproval for the Costco Amex. I received a denied due to low score (pulled TU 658) etc. So I deciced on the same day to try and apply for the Zync - the site said "cancelled'. I called and they said I had already applied for a card so I had to wait at least 30 days. I called the 800 number to ask for more detail on if cancelling means they pulled and are declining me again or if they didn't do a hardpull again. The lady then proceeds to tell me they only pulled TU because it appeared to have the most accurate information - which is actually false because I have spent a lot more time monitoring EQ thru Scorewatch. I explained to her the TU was actually not correct and requested they do a recon and pull EQ. She said I would have to wait for a week. After a week I got a message saying they "declined" me but when I opened the letter it said they cancelled my request because I had already applied for a different card earlier.

Question. Has this happened to anyone before? Is this common? So confused. I've read on this forum of a guy applying for two cards on the same day and getting declined for one but approved for the other?

What state are you in??? AMEX pulling TU is interesting, they always pull EX. I have read here somewhere about someone getting their second app cancelled because of the earlier rejection.  What is your EQ FICO score???

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.