Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Gold card arrived today

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Amex Delta Gold card arrived today

...and the first thing that came as a shock, is they gave me my member since 06' on this card, but said they could not issue my Zync card with the same, due to the negative history I had with Amex (though it was removed completely from all 3 CRs).

I suppose I'll be SD'ing my Zync, and putting my spendinng on this card going forward until I can be approved for the Soutwest Chase Visa.

The other thing I found interesting is - I can't find my FICO score anywhere in the paperwork.  Is this normal?  I was quite certain that if you were not given the prime rate, then you were issued your EX score.

Either way, glad to have this card back, as the Delta Gold was the first CC I had on my own - that was eventually closed by Amex when they saw my repo hit my CRs in 08.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex Delta Gold card arrived today

Good for you! I'm trying to hold out until I app for mine.  Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 19
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

The other thing I found interesting is - I can't find my FICO score anywhere in the paperwork.  Is this normal?  I was quite certain that if you were not given the prime rate, then you were issued your EX score.

Only if the reason of not getting the best rate is due to FICO score. AMEX uses its internal credit score which uses a lot of variables (including FICO score), so it may be other areas that bring the internal score down.

Message 3 of 19
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Well crap, I was REALLY hoping to see my EX score, finally!

What's does a guy got to do, to get it?  App an Amex product and hope to get a flat-out denial, I suppose.

Message 4 of 19
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

What's does a guy got to do, to get it?  App an Amex product and hope to get a flat-out denial, I suppose.

I think Amex only looks at your internal score once your initial approved, I think they only really use Fico for soft hits then use the internal scores for approvals after. You didn't get a score with your Zync?

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 5 of 19
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

I think Amex only looks at your internal score once your initial approved, I think they only really use Fico for soft hits then use the internal scores for approvals after. You didn't get a score with your Zync?

I do not recall, but I may have looked over it, when I was removing it from the envelope.  I was still in a good deal of shock that I got approved w/ NPSL, when just earlier this year I couldn't even get a secured card.

Message 6 of 19
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

I do not recall, but I may have looked over it, when I was removing it from the envelope.  I was still in a good deal of shock that I got approved w/ NPSL, when just earlier this year I couldn't even get a secured card.

lol let me guess bank of america?

Message 7 of 19
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

Actually no. It was in February.  Not sure who it was, now.

Message 8 of 19
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

Bank of America turned me down for a secured card last year =\ but i guess it's understandable I burned them 13 years ago LOL, but I been a customer with them through all this time -_-;

Message 9 of 19
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

Bank of America turned me down for a secured card last year =\ but i guess it's understandable I burned them 13 years ago LOL, but I been a customer with them through all this time -_-;

I've been with them since they were Barnett Bank, then Nations Bank, then BOA.  They've declined me twice for CC.  They were actually my first CC w/ 5k limit at 18, but that was because my dad co-signed for me as  I was enlisting into the Army.  I maxed the card out in under 6 months, then spent 7 years trying to pay it down to no avail.  Finally fell behind and a 30-day showed up on my dads CR JUST as he was looking to by a new house w/ his 2nd wife.  S hit the fan!  I had to turn to the grandmother to bail me out, but the damage was done to his CR for 7 years as was mine, but my reports were the lease of my concern.

That was 2002 and the last time I used credit until 2006.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.