Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Gold is BOMB!

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Delta Gold is BOMB!

Omg lhcole, I know!
Then my hotel would be FREE, except for going out/eating. LOL I'm def planning to party it up while I'm there!
I'm really excited about this trip!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 20
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Once your first free year is up, upgrade to the Platinum Delta card and you will really think it's the bomb.

I booked a ticket on Saturday From Arkansas to North Carolina for 640$, used my companion pass and got my wifes ticket for free + 40$ in taxes.  The 150 AF saved me 600$ on a plane ticket.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 12 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I tried to upgrade Plat Delta online, and it wouldn't let me! I will def upgrade to it after the 12 or the month rule. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 20
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

You don't get the companion pass for the first year, and the Gold is free for the first year.

so you did it right by getting the gold and upgrading once the AF comes due.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 14 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Oh awesome!! I know they offer an upgrade bonus of 10-15k mq miles(no idea what that means!)
I've never really had a decent AF card so I don't mind ponying up dough for a bada** card.
Still of 17 cards, only Delta has an AF.
Message 15 of 20
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

You don't get the companion pass for the first year, and the Gold is free for the first year.

Yes, it's a bummer you can't apply for the Platinum and get that bonus but you are limited to one personal Delta card. You would need to close the Gold for one year before applying again in order to receive the bonus. Perhaps when you upgrade you can attempt to get an upgrade bonus? 

Message 16 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

Once your first free year is up, upgrade to the Platinum Delta card and you will really think it's the bomb.

I booked a ticket on Saturday From Arkansas to North Carolina for 640$, used my companion pass and got my wifes ticket for free + 40$ in taxes.  The 150 AF saved me 600$ on a plane ticket.

Awesome tip!  

I didn't know that about the Delta Plat.  Any restrictions on the companion pass?

Message 17 of 20
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

Yes, it's a bummer you can't apply for the Platinum and get that bonus but you are limited to one personal Delta card. You would need to close the Gold for one year before applying again in order to receive the bonus. Perhaps when you upgrade you can attempt to get an upgrade bonus? 

I think the normal offer to upgrade from Gold to Platinum is 5k MQMs and 10k Skymiles.

Message 18 of 20
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

Awesome tip!  

I didn't know that about the Delta Plat.  Any restrictions on the companion pass?

It's Delta so i'm sure there is a long list.

The only thing I'm aware of is it has to be an Economy ticket (if you get the Delta Reserve you can use it for Business Class as well) and it has to be a LUT+ fare

Message 19 of 20
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Great tip indeed!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.