Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Gold to Platinum Upgrade Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Delta Gold to Platinum Upgrade Offer

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

You know UNCLE B is a "heavy hitter" when even AMEX refers to him as "UNCLE B!" 😎

Hahaha. "Am I speaking with UncleB?"

Message 11 of 15
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

And here it is, the 70k, 10k MQM, $100 statement credit offer that usually comes around.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-express-delta-platinum-70000-miles-100-statement-credit-10000...

Usually it is with 3k spend in 3 months. This time it is 4k spend in 4 months
Message 12 of 15
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I have this card and I do not mind paying the AF as it:

1. Free companion pass each year. You only pay taxes.

2. Free entry to the Delta Sky Club.

My wife and I travel a few times per year, and I have found this card to provide good value.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worth noting, for those with sub 700 scores, the Delta Gold offer is 60,000 miles + 50 credit. It's a $3K spend in 3 months 

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

While traveling at the begining of this month (Sept) I arrived at ATL to make a connection, and after exiting the gate, I was approached by a female lady wearning an AmEx jacket. After quickly looking around I noticed there were some booths from AmEx all over the terminal. She approached me and asked if I had a few minutes to spare since I was in a rush. She asked me if I was a SkyMiles member to which I quickly told her I was and showed her my Gold AmEx card. She thank me for my business and told me how 35k bonus miles and an additional 5k MQM's after a $1k in spend sound. I told her that it did sound good but I didnt have the time to chat about that. She offered me that if I had about 5-7 minutes, she will upgrade my existing card from Gold to Platinum with no Credit check or hard inquiry. I told her sure why not, and was directed to a kiosk right there and went to the upgrade. Very easy, not even 7 minutes. After that, she thank me for accepting the opportunity and reminded me about the spend and that if I make a purchase within the first 3 months of having my card directly with Delta I will get a $100 statement credit. 

I thank her and left to meet my connecting flight. Interesting thing to know is that not everyone was offered 35k bonus miles because as I was walking down the terminal, I heard some lower (25k) offers given to passengers. Well I totally forgot about that card and once I returned home from my trip, the card was already waiting for me there. Same account number and everything. I contacted AmEx to validate the info I was given and it was good as I was told. Since then I already meet the spending and the purchase with Delta and got my $100 statement credit. I am waiting on my bonus miles and MQMs to post to my account. Which I already see pending in my account history!

This was agood offer for me. No Credit check or inquiries. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.