Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta - Maximizing Spending For 50k Miles

tag
Mortalito77
Regular Contributor

Amex Delta - Maximizing Spending For 50k Miles

Ok, I have a question everyone. I am using my Amex Delta heavily to reflect the 3000k spending for the 50K miles rewards. Now, I was wondering. Do you spend and pay day before statement cut? will the spending reflect and go towards the 3000k that needs to be spent if PIF by statement cut. I guess what I am trying to do is not pay interest yet again, use my spending for 50k miles purposes. Please someone tell me technique to get this taken care of. I hope I made sense on what I wrote. Thanks

The WorLd Is Yours

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Amex Delta - Maximizing Spending For 50k Miles

@Mortalito77 wrote:

Ok, I have a question everyone. I am using my Amex Delta heavily to reflect the 3000k spending for the 50K miles rewards. Now, I was wondering. Do you spend and pay day before statement cut? will the spending reflect and go towards the 3000k that needs to be spent if PIF by statement cut. I guess what I am trying to do is not pay interest yet again, use my spending for 50k miles purposes. Please someone tell me technique to get this taken care of. I hope I made sense on what I wrote. Thanks

Assuming you mean $3K or $3000 ($3000K would be a LOT of spend for 50K miles).   All that matters is that the spend is on the card, nothing to do with what balance is reported at statement cut.   So PIF at any time before due date will avoid interest and still count towards the 3K spend.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be looking at 3 million miles from a 3000k spend. If you can spend 3million in 3 months, then do you really need the 50k bonus?

Haha

They only care about your actual spend, payments before or after the statement cuts won't matter.

Message 3 of 13
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You should be looking at 3 million miles from a 3000k spend. If you can spend 3million in 3 months, then do you really need the 50k bonus?

Haha

They only care about your actual spend, payments before or after the statement cuts won't matter.

Its funny how they changed things on the website overnight. now it does not only mention the 30k they were offering. it is not mentioning the 5k per AU. and 5k for each recommendation.

I know i got at least 10k miles in recommendations. and amex does not want to pony up for the AU Card. quoted from csr. look at webpage. i told him i don't give a damn what the webpage says now. i know what it said before. and stated. why do i currently have 50k miles when my total spend on the card is 2400 dollars. because i know what the site quoted. they changed things up pretty fast. but 50k for 3k spend. i guess that is ok. just like venture card. 3k spend for 40k.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You just need to charge 3K within the 3 month's. Doesn't matter if you charge something and pay it every single day. You don't need to show a 3K balance, only charge a total minimum of 3K within that 90 day period. Just remember: most of these cards start the clock from the day you applied or were approved and NOT the day you receive or activate the card. This has screwed a few people up who mistakenly were counting 90 days from the say they got the card. This caused them to lose the sign up bonus by a few day's. Total bummer.
So make sure you count 90 days from approval to be safe.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mortalito77 wrote:

Are you sure you need to spend $3,000? I'm seeing 50k miles for $2,000 spend on the Amex site. You can chat with them to confirm your offer. You don't need to wait for the statement to cut to pay. Also know that you will not be charged interest if you pay in full by the due date, you don't have to pay before the statement cuts. Basically, pay any time before your due date and you will pay no interest and you will be registering spending for earning the miles.

Message 6 of 13
Mortalito77
Regular Contributor

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for the replies and the clarification. Now, I am aware of how the program works. Few things, I went to Delta's website and they don't even offer any type of promotion with the Gold Amex Delta. I couldn't see the link to apply or anything for the card, now it only talks about sharing the card to friends and family for additional miles if they sign up and get approved.

As far as my promotion for the card, I checked my original email that included the apply link and it turns out is get 50k miles after you spend $1000 dollars within the first 3 months LOL. I am so relieved, because I have already spent the 1000 dollars within the first month. I thought I had to spend $2000 dollars more with the card. Thank you everyone for all the input. I hope this message helps other Delta Members. Regards,

EMAIL:

With the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, you can earn 50,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months1 and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.2      

The WorLd Is Yours

Message 7 of 13
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Mortalito77 wrote:

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for the replies and the clarification. Now, I am aware of how the program works. Few things, I went to Delta's website and they don't even offer any type of promotion with the Gold Amex Delta. I couldn't see the link to apply or anything for the card, now it only talks about sharing the card to friends and family for additional miles if they sign up and get approved.

As far as my promotion for the card, I checked my original email that included the apply link and it turns out is get 50k miles after you spend $1000 dollars within the first 3 months LOL. I am so relieved, because I have already spent the 1000 dollars within the first month. I thought I had to spend $2000 dollars more with the card. Thank you everyone for all the input. I hope this message helps other Delta Members. Regards,

EMAIL:

With the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, you can earn 50,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months1 and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.2      

That is what i saw.50k in 1k spend.but now. nothing on the website. it is talking about 1 dollar per 1 point. something is going on with Delta right now.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mortalito77 wrote:

Hello everyone, 

EMAIL:

Nice offer. I applied recently with the 35k offer. Do you have the POID code for that offer? I heard that you could get your offer upgraded if you had a code for a different offer, so I'd appreciate it if you could message me that offer ID. Also, when did you receive the offer and when is the expiration date? Thank you!

Message 9 of 13
hsspres
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Nice offer. I applied recently with the 35k offer. Do you have the POID code for that offer? I heard that you could get your offer upgraded if you had a code for a different offer, so I'd appreciate it if you could message me that offer ID. Also, when did you receive the offer and when is the expiration date? Thank you!

Obvious spammer, Admins?

FICOs 6/17 - EQ 751, EX 749, TU 760
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.