Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Reserve CC

tag
anderl
Frequent Contributor

Amex Delta Reserve CC

Any thoughts on the Amex Delta Reserve CC- is it any good,has benefits,etc. Haven't heard anything about it on the Forums-thanksMan Very Happy

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex Delta Reserve CC

You would need to travel pretty extensively in my eyes to make it worth while because of the $450 annual fee.  But if you are traveling overseas and stuff it's a great card.

Lounges, Free Bags, does it have companion tickets too?

Message 2 of 8
anderl
Frequent Contributor

I do travel overseas a lot-I have the Amex Delta Platinum and the Amex Premier Rewards- more than likely will upgrade to Amex Platinum Charge- it seems that the Amex Platinum Charge and the Amex Delta Reserve offer the same benifits-will call CSR to see if one is better than the other.Smiley Surprised

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@anderl wrote:

I do travel overseas a lot-I have the Amex Delta Platinum and the Amex Premier Rewards- more than likely will upgrade to Amex Platinum Charge- it seems that the Amex Platinum Charge and the Amex Delta Reserve offer the same benifits-will call CSR to see if one is better than the other.Smiley Surprised

The only thing I can think of (but don't even know if true) but Delta Reserve offers free upgrades to business or priority to upgrade? and free checked bags

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The main difference between platinum charge and delta reserve is the MQM bonus you can earn with the reserve. If you spend 60k on the card per year you can get 30K mqms to help boost that delta status. The flip side is you only have access to Delta sky club not the other lounges but you do get a companion cert for 1st class or coach on delta each year. The only way to get upgrades for seats is being a medallion w/ Delta, the Reserve doesn't do much for that.

Message 5 of 8
anderl
Frequent Contributor

So basicly the Delta Reserve is good for one free companion Business/First Class Ticket per year but w/ Amex Platinum Charge, I have access to more Airport Lounges AND Entertainment Access.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Basically yeah, The Reserve is also a Credit Card vs Charge Card of course so you can revolve a balance if needed. The companion certificates are good only for domestic travel and can be hard to use. If you are super loyal to Delta go with the Reserve for MQM's but if not, I'd go with Platinum Charge.

Message 7 of 8
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

You're also earning 2 miles per dollar spent on Delta purchases, whereas Amex Platinum is only 1 MR point per dollar spend (unless you book through the Amex travel site to get 2x points but that may result in extra fees).

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.