Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Skymiles - 50k miles

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Delta Skymiles - 50k miles

Amex FR is overblown. Just be honest with your application and you have nothing to worry about.
Message 11 of 20
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Amex FR is overblown. Just be honest with your application and you have nothing to worry about.

ok cool, sure I will be honest as I always was on all other apps, and keep my fingers crossed that there would not be any FR.

Thanks

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting this. I was only seeing the 10K bonus on their webpage and wasn't as interested. I called them and they gave me the same 50K offer you got. Made it much more enticing.

Message 13 of 20
EdMan63
Established Contributor

It's a great card if you fly Delta which I do quite often. I just got mine last month and it would have already paid for the AF with bag fees. I've already got the 50k miles credited to my Skymiles account. So if you have a need for the card, go for it.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much is 50K points worth in cash?

Message 15 of 20
taxi818
Super Contributor

Sweet deal op mi only got 30k. I'm kinda jelly. Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 20
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

500 dollars. More if you use it right. 

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

500 dollars. More if you use it right. 

Ooh, that is a good deal!

Message 18 of 20
lukepwnsall
Regular Contributor

Im sorry but I am not a fan of deltas FF program. Honestly when I looked for flights EVERYthing that was avalible at the 12.5k prices for 1way/ RT 25k  it was like 96$ onen way or 195 RT. it was kinda rediculous. its better to use the pay with miles option. I just never found any value more thn 1cpp

TU 786 (10/23) EQ 794 (10/23) EX 773 (10/23)
Message 19 of 20
taxi818
Super Contributor

@lukepwnsall wrote:

Im sorry but I am not a fan of deltas FF program. Honestly when I looked for flights EVERYthing that was avalible at the 12.5k prices for 1way/ RT 25k  it was like 96$ onen way or 195 RT. it was kinda rediculous. its better to use the pay with miles option. I just never found any value more thn 1cpp

but where it depends is on how you earn those delta miles. or points. example. its 1 mile per dollar in regular spend. and 2 miles per dollar on flights with delta.

how ever if you go thru the delta skymiles shopping portal. thats where the real fun begins.

Example. bought flowers for my wife on valentines day. 35 miles per dollar.

right now. at macys. 4 miles per dollar.

nordstroms. 8 miles per dollar. it is unreal  how many miles they give away on their shopping portal. spend a 100 dollars can bring in as much as 2- 5k in miles.

i also find its better to spend them in a mix. miles and money. your're right mostly 1 cpp. but at the rate i earn them. thats pretty good. imo

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.