Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Skymiles

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Delta Skymiles

Hello All

I like to share my experience with Amex. I App for the card couple weeks ago (i use delta quite often and i like to start accumulating miles) and got a approval, just receive the card today and open up the account and surprised, they gave me 10K CL. I don't know how others fell about Amex but for starter, they are beating up my Cap1 accounts (4) that i have for over 10 year and never paid late, Thanks Amex I definitely will refer to others.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Delta Skymiles

Congrats on the new Amex, I too have been utilizing my Amex Delta card pretty heavily here lately.  They gave me a solid initial line of credit as well so I certainly don't have anything other than positive things to say about them too Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I am jealous of everyone that Amex likes now that I will have access to a Centurion lounge. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 11
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Hey OP congrats on your new Delta Amex! 

Can you share some of your stats? What was your score at approval? Any baddies? 

Thanks, Congrats again!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 4 of 11
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!  Your scores must be in the mid 700's for that number out of the gate.  Take a moment to hit the 3X CLI thread for Amex to prepare yourself to launch into the 30K CL in the next 60 days when you hit that button.  There's a link in my signature to some helpful AMEX information.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Thanks, here's where i stand:

FICO Score 8 from credit repair : 718
FICO Score from Discover : 713
Credit wise from Cap 1 : 733
7 CC : $30k CL, 10% UT.
1 Mortgage : $230k Balance
1 Car Loan : $35k Balance
100% on time payments.
16 years oldest credit.
4 inquiries.

1 delinquency on my mortgage 7 years ago that will go away next month or so.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, almost mid 700's, I'm averaging 720's all around. thanks for the tip on the Amex threat, i will definitely be on top of that. next thing now is go after my 50k miles after spend 2k within 3 months. Thanks again

Message 7 of 11
EdMan63
Established Contributor

Congrats!!! That was my first card when I started rebuilding a couple of years ago. I too started with a 10k limit. I doubled it to 20k after my first year and also upgraded to a platinum. I personally didn't feel the need to go 3x but that's me. I love the card and the perks though. I fly Delta almost exclusively. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing your experience with it! I am possibly going to accept an offer for one later this month because they keep sending mailers for 75k Skymiles with 3k spend in the first 90 days which seems like a nice bonus. Not sure how any perks stack up since i already have Amex Platinum though.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for sharing your experience with it! I am possibly going to accept an offer for one later this month because they keep sending mailers for 75k Skymiles with 3k spend in the first 90 days which seems like a nice bonus. Not sure how any perks stack up since i already have Amex Platinum though.

Don't want to Hijack thread but was wondering about 75K offer myself

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.