How long did you had the Zync ???

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 21 of 30
kathski

Re: Amex Delta

how much were you approved for?

i am wanting to apply for an amex delta also but my current scores are low, closer to yours i guess...

Message 22 of 30
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Approved for 1k . Experian Amex score 676. AAOA 3 some .....

i know it's low start limto but they grow quick after 2 months then 6 months so its not really matter.

Message 23 of 30
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

They started me at only $2K.  61 days later I was at $6K.  Six months later $18K and then $25K six months later.  So in 14 short months went from $2K to the highest limit you can get through their automated system.  Sweet, sweet CS!

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 24 of 30
kathski

@DrJim wrote:

They started me at only $2K.  61 days later I was at $6K.  Six months later $18K and then $25K six months later.  So in 14 short months went from $2K to the highest limit you can get through their automated system.  Sweet, sweet CS!

wow, that is nice. have you been utilizing the card though? and if so, do you always pay the balances off every month or do you keep some balance on it and pay interest?

also, did u start with delta gold also?

Message 25 of 30
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I started with the Gold and PC'd to the Platinum after getting the 25K.  I think I probably averaged $1K a month the first year or so.  Usually PIF, but not always.  I have not found AMEX to be as picky as some say.  Think I was probably always at a $0 balance when I app'd for CLI, but that doesn't mean you have to be at 0.  

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 26 of 30
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@DrJim wrote:

Yes, I started with the Gold and PC'd to the Platinum after getting the 25K.  I think I probably averaged $1K a month the first year or so.  Usually PIF, but not always.  I have not found AMEX to be as picky as some say.  Think I was probably always at a $0 balance when I app'd for CLI, but that doesn't mean you have to be at 0.  

Thank Dr Jim......I would going to follow your pattern and see what's up..........Wish me luck for the next 61 days Smiley Very Happy . I plan to using it about 60% limit then PIF before statement generate...........Then redo it next months........It's okay to do it that way right ????How long usually AMEx process the payment ???

Message 27 of 30
RonDawg
Contributor

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

I think apply for Amex Delta . Does anyone had succesful approved with 662 Fico score ??

Everything on my signature and i finally got the last collection removed from my report.

Had 2 charge off show in March 2008 DOFD. Never paid.......
I lived in Florida and wonder what CRA they pulls also ??????

Any had succesful approved with those score ???? Please share your experience.........

From what you said I would try for the Green Charge card and then if you get that you could try for the Delta. Even though you don’t want one it's a good starting point with them and if they turn you down for the Delta you can use the green card and show them your a good card member. The charge cards have lower underwriting. 662 is a little low for a credit card from them. With two charge offs I would try the charge card first.

Goodness, I just saw your signature line, what do you need with 3 charge cards? o.O

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 28 of 30
HiLine
Blogger

@RonDawg wrote:

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

I think apply for Amex Delta . Does anyone had succesful approved with 662 Fico score ??

Everything on my signature and i finally got the last collection removed from my report.

Had 2 charge off show in March 2008 DOFD. Never paid.......
I lived in Florida and wonder what CRA they pulls also ??????

Any had succesful approved with those score ???? Please share your experience.........

From what you said I would try for the Green Charge card and then if you get that you could try for the Delta. Even though you don’t want one it's a good starting point with them and if they turn you down for the Delta you can use the green card and show them your a good card member. The charge cards have lower underwriting. 662 is a little low for a credit card from them. With two charge offs I would try the charge card first.

Goodness, I just saw your signature line, what do you need with 3 charge cards? o.O

Sounds like a loyal Amex fan Smiley Wink

Message 29 of 30
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats OP

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.