Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta/ Venture One

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Amex Delta/ Venture One

I am a very happy camper right now!
After paying $5 in taxes on a $674 NYC flight, I got my $50 statement credit within like a week! Posted yesterday. So I got a $674 ticket for -$45 LOL
I used it to upgrade to economy comfort! Amex is FAST with posting rewards lately! I even noticed that on my BCE they are starting to post cash back as I make the purchases! Awesome! I'm loving Amex!!

I also got my Venture One, resulting from a Visa Plat upgrade from C1.
Venture One is a GORGEOUS CARD! Can't believe it's C1!! It's like metallic and gold!
And it's a Signature! Now it I could just get the limit to $10k+

Thanks everyone for all the info I've learned here! Wouldn't be in this position without y'all! :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Delta/ Venture One

Congrats looking good and great savings on the plane ticket WTG

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 17
Anf_dude
Contributor

I think the Venture One is a hideous card, especially how both sides are gold and blinding-shiny.

Congrats though.! Im still working on up to get a Delta Amex.
Message 3 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Thanks myjourney! :-)

Ahh, I guess I'm a sucker for shiny stuff. It looks better than that Blue AF version. Fyi, the Venture One and Amex Gold are both similarly colored lol!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Thanks myjourney! :-)

Ahh, I guess I'm a sucker for shiny stuff. It looks better than that Blue AF version. Fyi, the Venture One and Amex Gold are both similarly colored lol!

Nice 

I have considered that card still debating tho...

Glad to see you upgrading instead of new apps WTG

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 17
Anf_dude
Contributor

Oh no they aren't! The CapOne is literally way too shiny. The Amex has a bit of a matte finish over the glossiness. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah lol I'm done apping. I have 4-5 inqs falling off in August alone!! Then I'll be down to < 5 inqs in two years on every report! I will be forced to find a good BT card come November when my 0% expires on Freedom, but til then no apps. Im going to be aggressively paying off balances til then. Once I get my commission from work, I can comfortable pay $3-4k towards my $15k+ cc debt, even if it is at a weighted avg 3% apr. lol

One other note:
Amex has been FLOODING my email w card offers!
I've gotten an offer for PRG, Gold, Blue Sky, BCP, and this morning I got an offer for a Green with $0 intro AF. I wish I had BCP as I spend more on groceries than I thought. Lol I'm a health nut!
Message 7 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Anf dude, you are correct! I knew you were gonna say that! Both wre still gold tho :-p
Message 8 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Yeah lol I'm done apping. I have 4-5 inqs falling off in August alone!! Then I'll be down to < 5 inqs in two years on every report! I will be forced to find a good BT card come November when my 0% expires on Freedom, but til then no apps. Im going to be aggressively paying off balances til then. Once I get my commission from work, I can comfortable pay $3-4k towards my $15k+ cc debt, even if it is at a weighted avg 3% apr. lol

One other note:
Amex has been FLOODING my email w card offers!
I've gotten an offer for PRG, Gold, Blue Sky, BCP, and this morning I got an offer for a Green with $0 intro AF. I wish I had BCP as I spend more on groceries than I thought. Lol I'm a health nut!

Pay off that debt and then take your pick of the Amex offers because they will still be there and that's great news about the INQ's 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 17
CreditControl
Contributor

I was thinking the same thing "Uh Uh"  The AMEX gold is far more easy on the eyes.  Smiley Happy

CSP - 11,000 Chase Freedom 12,000; AMEX Delta Gold 2,000; AMEX Delta Platinum (AU) 15,000; Discover IT 9,500; BOA Cash Rewards 30,000; AMEX BCE 9,900; Belk 7,000; Macys 7,000; Lane Bryant 3,600; HH Gregg 3,000; Care Credit; 7,200; Bloomingdale's 3,000
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.