Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 308
Registered: ‎02-03-2008
0

Amex Delta & Amex Costco

I have both the Amex PRG and Amex Zync NPSL cards.  In January 2013 my PRG will have an annual fee due and I am planning to close it and try for an Amex Delta and possibly the Amex Costco True Earnings.  I hear it easier to get the Amex Delta, but how hard is the Amex Costco to achieve and can I have both cards at the same time?

Thanks,

Bobby

Fico:EQ 689 (1/8/16) EX 682 (1/8/16) TU 671 (1/8/16)
C1 Venture One $10,000 / C1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10,000 / C1 Quicksilver WMC $8,000 / SDCCU Plat Visa $2,500 / Sams Club Store Card $437 / JCPenny $500
Survived BK Filing: Fort Knox CU Plat Visa $5,000 / Lowes $7,000 / HSN Card $3,000 / Walmart Card $2,000 / Macys $800 / Target Red Card $500
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,524
Registered: ‎08-17-2008
0

Re: Amex Delta & Amex Costco

Apply at a Costco because if you apply online AMEX will pend your application because they will need to verify your membership.

Some say TE card is easy and some say its hard. YMMV but definitely apply before cancel your charge card

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,992
Registered: ‎02-09-2012
0

Re: Amex Delta & Amex Costco

i just received the delta gold, and plan to try for the TE in Jan. as well.
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+ scores across the board
Get those baddies removed!!!
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,339
Registered: ‎09-11-2012
0

Re: Amex Delta & Amex Costco


Repo-ed wrote:
i just received the delta gold, and plan to try for the TE in Jan. as well.

We'll go drapping for Amex in Janaury? Smiley Surprised

 

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Epic Contributor
Posts: 27,374
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Amex Delta & Amex Costco


BobbyJ wrote:

I have both the Amex PRG and Amex Zync NPSL cards.  In January 2013 my PRG will have an annual fee due and I am planning to close it and try for an Amex Delta and possibly the Amex Costco True Earnings.  I hear it easier to get the Amex Delta, but how hard is the Amex Costco to achieve and can I have both cards at the same time?

Thanks,

Bobby


You won't be able to PC into Costco, but you should be able to PC PRG to Delta with no problems once you are at the year mark.  I wouldn't close to then apply for others if you can help it.  and yes apply IN STORE for Costco.

Fico Scores 8: EX 718. TU 699. EQ 658. 11/10/2015
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 308
Registered: ‎02-03-2008
0

Re: Amex Delta & Amex Costco

Thanks Credit.  I will wait until January and PC my PRG to Detla.  My one year date is January 6th 2013.  I will also go to Costco the same day I PC and apply for the Costco TE card as well.

Fico:EQ 689 (1/8/16) EX 682 (1/8/16) TU 671 (1/8/16)
C1 Venture One $10,000 / C1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10,000 / C1 Quicksilver WMC $8,000 / SDCCU Plat Visa $2,500 / Sams Club Store Card $437 / JCPenny $500
Survived BK Filing: Fort Knox CU Plat Visa $5,000 / Lowes $7,000 / HSN Card $3,000 / Walmart Card $2,000 / Macys $800 / Target Red Card $500
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,300
Registered: ‎07-23-2012
0

Re: Amex Delta & Amex Costco


Creditaddict wrote:

BobbyJ wrote:

I have both the Amex PRG and Amex Zync NPSL cards.  In January 2013 my PRG will have an annual fee due and I am planning to close it and try for an Amex Delta and possibly the Amex Costco True Earnings.  I hear it easier to get the Amex Delta, but how hard is the Amex Costco to achieve and can I have both cards at the same time?

Thanks,

Bobby


You won't be able to PC into Costco, but you should be able to PC PRG to Delta with no problems once you are at the year mark.  I wouldn't close to then apply for others if you can help it.  and yes apply IN STORE for Costco.


you mean id have to wait till the second to apply for te. shucks. 

(in ma no stores are open on the 1st)

Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Over 12 Months:9


2015 Goals:
Lower Utility
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000
Established Contributor
Posts: 756
Registered: ‎09-12-2011
0

Re: Amex Delta & Amex Costco


BobbyJ wrote:

Thanks Credit.  I will wait until January and PC my PRG to Detla.  My one year date is January 6th 2013.  I will also go to Costco the same day I PC and apply for the Costco TE card as well.


 

Actually, unless I'm mistaken, I don't believe you can PC the PRG to the Delta.  The PRG is a charge card and the Delta is a revolver.  You can only PC charge to charge and revolver to revolver.

 

I got the Amex Costco TE card a couple of months ago via an emailed offer from Costco.  Costco has twice sent me an email offer for the Amex Costco TE where I get a $50 bonus for spending $500 in the first 3 months of getting the card.  I bit on the 2nd email offer and when I applied through the email, I received instant approval for the card (no waiting on Amex to verify my Costco membership).  And Amex has already credited my account with the $50 since I spent the $500 within three weeks of activating the card.

 

If you're a Costco member, did you sign up for their email offers?  If not, you should.  You just might receive one of these offers for the Amex Costco TE card.

 

Good luck next month when you app!  Happy Holidays to you and your family!

FICOs: TU08 850 EQ08 811 EX08 818 11/8/15 per MyFICO

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex Costco TE $19.3K; Amex BCE $12K; BofA Visa $10.1K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $38.5K; Fidelity Amex $25K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $35.9K; Sallie Mae WMC $17.5K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Walmart Discover $10K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,524
Registered: ‎08-17-2008
0

Re: Amex Delta & Amex Costco


CribDuchess wrote:

BobbyJ wrote:

Thanks Credit.  I will wait until January and PC my PRG to Detla.  My one year date is January 6th 2013.  I will also go to Costco the same day I PC and apply for the Costco TE card as well.


 

Actually, unless I'm mistaken, I don't believe you can PC the PRG to the Delta.  The PRG is a charge card and the Delta is a revolver.  You can only PC charge to charge and revolver to revolver.

 

I got the Amex Costco TE card a couple of months ago via an emailed offer from Costco.  Costco has twice sent me an email offer for the Amex Costco TE where I get a $50 bonus for spending $500 in the first 3 months of getting the card.  I bit on the 2nd email offer and when I applied through the email, I received instant approval for the card (no waiting on Amex to verify my Costco membership).  And Amex has already credited my account with the $50 since I spent the $500 within three weeks of activating the card.

 

If you're a Costco member, did you sign up for their email offers?  If not, you should.  You just might receive one of these offers for the Amex Costco TE card.

 

Good luck next month when you app!  Happy Holidays to you and your family!


You are correct you cannot PC from a charge card to a revolver.

 

I really want this card! 


Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 308
Registered: ‎02-03-2008
0

Re: Amex Delta & Amex Costco

Thanks Crib for the advice and happy holidays to you and yours.

Fico:EQ 689 (1/8/16) EX 682 (1/8/16) TU 671 (1/8/16)
C1 Venture One $10,000 / C1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10,000 / C1 Quicksilver WMC $8,000 / SDCCU Plat Visa $2,500 / Sams Club Store Card $437 / JCPenny $500
Survived BK Filing: Fort Knox CU Plat Visa $5,000 / Lowes $7,000 / HSN Card $3,000 / Walmart Card $2,000 / Macys $800 / Target Red Card $500

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.