Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Dispute Question

tag
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Dispute Question

@Jayb5635 wrote:
I wasn't trying to be shady to be honest, just wanted them to reply and get the tickets refunded

I don't think you were trying to be shady, but if the tickets say "non-refundable" then they are non-refundable. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 11 of 15
core
Valued Contributor

@Jayb5635 wrote:
I wasn't trying to be shady to be honest, just wanted them to reply and get the tickets refunded

As I understand it, you purchased the tickets and then continued to look for different tickets.  So it sounds like you didn't have much intention of keeping the first set and were planning on dumping them back on Ticketmaster later if you found something better.  Which is exactly what happened.  That's what seems shady to me.

Message 12 of 15
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

Yeah, I wanted to refund them with ticketmaster as the tickets clearly stated I could do so within 72 hours. My annoyance is I tried to contact them and never heard back. So after 3 days I'm stuck with tickets I don't need. I would'nt have bought the first set of I couldn't refund them just in case, I'd be more careful, you know ??? I didn't think it'd be such a hassle to get a simple refund within 3 days

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 13 of 15
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Jayb5635 wrote:
Yeah, I wanted to refund them with ticketmaster as the tickets clearly stated I could do so within 72 hours.

If that's the case they should have been refunded on request.  Don't count on the original tickets being valid and definitely do not attempt to sell.

Message 14 of 15
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

Oh no, I don't have an interest in selling them, I just found it odd that the will call at the concert venue gave me those tickets as well when I went to pick them up. I told the rep they shouldn't be valid, he said they are. Oh well

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.