Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex ED - Hit 20% Bonus! Now 61 CLI Q's

tag
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Amex ED - Hit 20% Bonus! Now 61 CLI Q's

Ok, so I hit the 20 swipes to get the 20% bonus! I still have another $300 to charge before I hit the 15,000 sign on bonus for $1000 charged in the first 90 day.  But I will be paying some bills this week so I will hit that then.

So my first statement cut after 2 weeks but did not report to the CRA.

My AMEX Statement closing date will be the 19th. 

I need advise on how to address payment/util % before the 61 CLI request.

I was planning to pay down and let $200 or 300 report on my statement.  I am not apping and I don't see the benefit in paying before the statement cut date.  I can make another payment before my 61 day but not before the next statement to keep AMEX util down to 20% or less. Who does AMEX soft pull on for CLI? My scores are below.

I have 5 CC's now. Three will be reporting balances and two at 0 Balance.  I have read the AMEX thread...does anyone have advise.  I don't mind waiting for CLI request if I need to to get my other CC's down. Discover is the big one at 70% util.  SM's will be at less than 10% and Target and Cap1 QS at 0 and Amex at 20%.  If I need to get Discover down first....then I will...but that is where it was when I apped for Amex so I am not sure that it is an issue.

Suggestions?

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex ED - Hit 20% Bonus! Now 61 CLI Q's

I would just do your payment as usual and then your cli.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.