cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex ED - How do I upgrade to Preferred? New App?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex ED - How do I upgrade to Preferred? New App?

I've had an Amex ED for a year now and would like to upgrade to Preferred. Any suggestions? Do have to complete a new app? Soft Pull?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex ED - How do I upgrade to Preferred? New App?

@Anonymous wrote:
I've had an Amex ED for a year now and would like to upgrade to Preferred. Any suggestions? Do have to complete a new app? Soft Pull?

It will be a soft pull and no new app required. You can do it through chat.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Jace, I just upgraded via chat!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok... well in case anyone else was interested in the alternatives....

Not sure what OPs scores are, but there are 30k MR targeted offers that are moderately easy to come by.  I'd only suggest this if your scores support it and your AAOA can handle a new account.  (If your scores were below 700 and your current limit was only 1 or 2k and unable to get any 3x CLIs in the past, then obviously a new account would be an unwise idea). You can move all but $500 of your limit from the ED to the EDP and close the ED (I am fairly sure about the 500 but not 100%).  If you choose to downgrade to the ED later that is your choice.  

Seeing as how the edp is basically capped at $6k for groceries, you'd get a max of 27k MRs assuming you met the 30 transactions a month.

You also forfeited 0% for 15 months (even though your ED is still probably still under 0% for a few more months), I would start asking for these when the promo period ends.  Now if you are having second thoughts, dont fret.  Since you technically did not receive a bonus on the EDP, you could in the future close this and apply for an EDP with a bonus.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.