Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex ED(P) & Barclays Arrival +

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Amex ED(P) & Barclays Arrival +

So i was wondering what transfer partners can the Amex ED(P) be transferred to? Also they mentioned the points can be used on ticketmaster. Whats the ratio for using or transferring for ticketmaster?

I noticed on the Barclay Website if im understanding this correctly to use your points for travel its kinda like a purchase eraser for travel expenses. Am i understanding this right? If so that makes redeeming points a breeze in my opinion. Do travel or the 10% back count as travel only or hotels also?

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex ED(P) & Barclays Arrival +

AMEX has an extensive list of air and hotel partners. You can find it on the website.

Yes, the Barclays structure is very simple and no blackout dates.Smiley Very Happy  Points/miles can be used for variety of travel.  10% of used points are credited back to your account to be used for future travel.

Message 2 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

AMEX has an extensive list of air and hotel partners. You can find it on the website.

Yes, the Barclays structure is very simple and no blackout dates.Smiley Very Happy  Points/miles can be used for variety of travel.  10% of used points are credited back to your account to be used for future travel.

The Arrival has no blackout dates in the same way as Double Cash, Quicksilver (or ANY cashback card) doesn't have blackout dates.

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

So i was wondering what transfer partners can the Amex ED(P) be transferred to?

It's not specific to the ED/P.  It's MR that has the transfer partners.

http://www.membershiprewards.com/catalog/travel/NewPointsTransfer.aspx?intlink=TravelMRtab2011BasicT...

@Skye12329 wrote:

Also they mentioned the points can be used on ticketmaster. Whats the ratio for using or transferring for ticketmaster?

Don't overlook the relevant web site fo info.  It looks like you'd need to use the Ticketmaster site to see the point cost.

https://rewards.americanexpress.com/myca/loyalty/us/catalog/linkAway?tier=LF&brandName=TICKETMASTER....

@Skye12329 wrote:

Do travel or the 10% back count as travel only or hotels also?

Again, check with the relevant site:

https://www.juniper.com/app/japply/lp/TnCs.jsp?prodidreq=CCMMX62794

Qualifying Travel Redemptions are defined as: Airlines, Hotels, Motels, Timeshares, Campgrounds, Car Rental Agencies, Cruise Lines, Travel Agencies, Tourist Attractions, Discount Travel Sites, Trains, Buses, Taxis, Limousines, Ferries, and your Barclaycard Arrival Annual Fee (if applicable). To qualify for redemption, Travel Purchases must be submitted by merchants using the eligible merchant category codes for purchases in the above categories. Barclaycard is not responsible for incorrectly coded purchases
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.