Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex ED arrived today!

tag
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Amex ED arrived today!

I was quite surprised to get it so fast, exactly 7 days after I applied, considering that the card was shipped to an APO address in England.  That's fast!

The card looks great!  IMO, it is a better look than the BCE/BCP cards I have seen.   It is transparent, but there is kind of a fade on it so it is more translucent at the top and fades to transparency at the bottom.  The sleek look along with the sliver EMV looks really great.  I only use this card at a military base, so I don't plan on signing it, but if I needed to, the signature strip is only behind the silver spectrum-like flash in the middle, so a signature is not going to wreck the look.

I imidiately used my card and had my wife use hers at the Commisary, which I am not sure is going to be billed as a supermarket now that I look at the pending transaction.  That is a shame, since it is the only "US" grocery store that I have access to.  I think I can hit the 20 transaction minimum by buying some snacks before work each day.  I hope I get the 2x, but if not, I still think 1.2 MR is better than 1.5 cash back from my BoA Travel Rewards.... at least when used on post where there are no foreign transaction fees.

I also called to change my due date, which Amex customer service did immediately.  

I hope to pick up my 10k bonus MR soon!

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Amex ED arrived today!

Wow, that IS fast.

Congrats and yay u!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 17
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 3 of 17
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, Dave! Sounds good Smiley Happy

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 4 of 17
newUser0
Established Contributor

Congrats on your card but Isn't it have an FTF?

Message 5 of 17
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 6 of 17
jonny960
New Visitor

Congratulations, seven days is pretty quick!

Message 7 of 17
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

Congrats on your card but Isn't it have an FTF?

Yes, it is the only card I have with FTF.   But I will only use it when I am on US military bases, so I don't get those charges.  I got it mostly because I wanted to have an Amex, but also because the card offers useful rewards, is free, has a signup bonus, will be great to have for my trips to USA, can be PCed at a later time, and may be even more useful in future years if my job brings me back to the states.

Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 8 of 17
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Congrats Dave

Everytime I had something shipped to one of the many APO addresses I have had, it had taken at least 2 weeks. NFCU took a month.... I wish I had your turnaround, lol

Message 9 of 17
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

Congrats Dave

Everytime I had something shipped to one of the many APO addresses I have had, it had taken at least 2 weeks. NFCU took a month.... I wish I had your turnaround, lol

US mail doesn't normally come as fast as this did.  There is usually a 7 to 10 day minimum overseas transfer, which doesn't start until the time the mail gets to NYC, and some mail takes much longer.  Even if it just happened to be coincidence, Amex must have had this card in the mail on the night that I applied and was approved.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.