Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex EveryDay 20/30 Uses - AU Question

tag
vpae
Established Contributor

Amex EveryDay 20/30 Uses - AU Question

I tried searching and reading the Benefit terms but I didn't specifically see it so my apologies if this has already been asked.

For the EveryDay is 20 uses, and Preferred is 30 uses. How does AU come into play? If I had 1 AU on my EveryDay, can we each use it 10 times that month and it will count as 20 uses? Does the AU not count at all? Since it's the same account, I don't see a third scenario where there's any benefit if both the basic and the AU each have 20 uses.

Thoughts?

20% Extra Points Benefit 
How the Benefit Works

If you make 20 or more separate purchases of goods or services in a billing period with your Amex EveryDaySM Credit Card ("Card"), you earn 20% extra Membership Rewards points on those purchases less returns and credits with a date in that billing period. A transaction where you buy multiple items counts as one purchase. Purchases do not include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents.

This benefit will not apply to any limited time promotions and offers (such as a Welcome Bonus).

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex EveryDay 20/30 Uses

I am interested in the answer as well.

Message 2 of 5
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

I thought it was 50 for the preferred. I didn't see anything in the terms about splitting between you and the AU. I would get on Amex and chat tomorrow to be sure.

Message 3 of 5
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

@DrZoiberg wrote:

I thought it was 50 for the preferred. I didn't see anything in the terms about splitting between you and the AU. I would get on Amex and chat tomorrow to be sure.

Prefered 30 uses 50%

Everyday 20/20

Message 4 of 5
vpae
Established Contributor

Re: Amex EveryDay 20/30 Uses - AU Question

Edited Subject to add 'AU Question' and Bump Smiley Happy

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.