Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Everyday Approval Odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Everyday Approval Odds

Hi, thanks for the info. my EXP is 644 actually... my bad just checked... and the 5 hardpulls is only TU on EXP and EQ shows 2

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the answer! so they wont see the inquieres i have in TU ?

Message 12 of 22
TheClub
Frequent Contributor

I think you have a good chance of obtaining the AMEX Everyday card however, now may not be the time. I would pay off any revolving debt (as it seems to be very low) and focus on getting the missed payments removed. In the event that you are successful in doing so, APPLY! 

But IMO the best thing you have going for you is the AAOA assuming it's around 2 years or so w/ your new cards. 

Wait six months for ideal results (aging INQ's, new accounts, time for balances to be lowered and baddies to get deleted).

If you take these steps I'm confident that you''ll not only get approved, but be awarded with a decent limit. 

I App'd and was declined with a EXP Fico of 676 w/ my oldest account being 6 years old and having like 50% utilization w/ no baddies. 

Good luck!

"When you're fresh meat you kill... and give them something fresher" (Frank Underwood)
Message 13 of 22
TheClub
Frequent Contributor

oh and.....

Welcome to the myFICO forums!!!!! Smiley Happy

"When you're fresh meat you kill... and give them something fresher" (Frank Underwood)
Message 14 of 22
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Not sure if they would approve with all those baddies. I had lots of INQs and plenty of new accounts but no baddies and low utilization when I got my first Amex so I hope that gives you a good idea of what to work on.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your input... I read Myfico ALOT! i work for Wells Fargo and i specialized in credit and this website has been my buddy for learning... when i started there my credit was about 490 in CK and now is 745... i tell people everyday and help them to repair theire credit... I was going to mention that my wife has kinda a better credit than me, right now it shows 646 in CK (i know this is just a fako but is a way for me to keep track of the changes) but is because she only has 2 cards and she is at 89% utilz... she has loans and everyday and 3 inquieres of which 2 of them are being removed by dec... she has NEVER had late payments, she has a citi prefered $1000 and and state farm of $500. i tell her she needs either a discover or barclays so we can keep track of her score... but maybe because shes been AU on her moms AMEX i tho she has a better chance

Message 16 of 22
bigDEElight
Frequent Contributor

It's highly unlikely when you're under 650 to do anything with AMEX (approval, CLI, etc.). Keep gardening, maybe try in 45 days.

EQ: 706 TU: 716 EX: 708
Total: $91,700 | 2016 Goal: $95K | Utilization: 8%
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking Amex wont approve me if i have late payments less than 2 years old....

Message 18 of 22
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Also forgot to mention my EX FICO was in the late 600s when I got approved. 680s or so from what I can remember. Once you're in with Amex, I think it tends to be easier to get other cards with them.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much guys! I decided iam going to wait for it... Im going to make sure i use all 5 of my credit cards at least once a month and pay it of right then...

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.