Established Contributor

Re: Amex Everyday Card...?

if no baddies on your file, your chance is pretty good
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jamp, i just tried and no luck. i think i am just going to wait it out. it's not a MUST have at the moment. i would just really like to have it

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for Amex Ed yesterday. Ck chances good. 708 ex 9% util judgment still showing. It's over 6 years. My guess is your util is to high. Lower it and try again.
Message 13 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Also, as always, make sure you understand the reward structure of the Everyday, what do you plan to do with the MR points.    There have been several threads on people getting the ED and then realizing they wanted a cashback card.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

In May I was also approved for Everyday, 15K SL @15month 0% then 19.99%.  EX FICO 675 at time of application.  46 lates on reports, 2010 charge-offs, most recent late 60 day 9/2013 (lots of health issues).  Income reported 50K, had a 24 year-old AMEX senior gold that I closed after getting the ED that hurt my score...yes, no backdating on the new card...just posted to the CRA's today (AMEX rep recommended I close my senior gold card-should have kept it for its age but at least I save the $55 AF on a useless card). Got the 10K MR points/1K spend and booked a flight on Amex travel...they charge you $9 for using their booking service Smiley Mad and want $21 for travel protection (I declined) that CSP does not charge ($95 AF covers that).  Saved $80 on the flight using the points, so all in all OK.  Used the 0% to buy Mom's dentures and paid it off before charging the flight.  MR credit doesn't post immediately but hopefully it will soon.  So there is my experience with Everyday so far.  Seems to be a decent card. Hope you get yours if you still want it in the near future.  Oh, 0% utilization at time of application on 5 cards with 19K total CL.  Now I have 6 cards with 35K CL and 2% utilization.  Added a Discover after getting the ED.  Didn't need it, fell for a mailer and got a bad deal.  Signed an opt-out form so no more mail offers.  My score has gone down 25 points on CK because of my closing an old account and adding two new ones, so I'm off the bandwagon for awhile.  As previously stated, ED is not a cash back card...MR points are only worth 6/10 of a cent if you use them for cash.  Best to use MR points for travel and booking on AMEX travel (2X points per purchase), though they do hit you with little annoying fees.  From now on I will use my Sapphire Preferred, just this one-time thing with ED because I had the points.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.