Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Everyday Spending Ability

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Everyday Spending Ability

Just decided to check my "Spending Ability" on my Amex Everyday card, which currently has a $25k limit. I entered information for a $45k general purchase and was approved. Anyone else get anything like this? Pretty crazy, can't imagine throwing $45k down on one purchase. Maybe I'll just buy a house on credit haha.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Everyday Spending Ability

I always assumed that if you're approved for significantly over your limit (like 2 or 3x), it means your chances of a CLI are good.

My PRG will let me spend at least 15k on it (my current ED limit is $5k), but my ED never approves me for over the limit, unless its balance is at 0. Then it'll approve me for up to 2.5x the limit.

I give up and have no idea what any of this means. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I always assumed that if you're approved for significantly over your limit (like 2 or 3x), it means your chances of a CLI are good.

My PRG will let me spend at least 15k on it (my current ED limit is $5k), but my ED never approves me for over the limit, unless its balance is at 0. Then it'll approve me for up to 2.5x the limit.

I give up and have no idea what any of this means. Smiley Happy

Interesting. I'm not sure they would approve me for a CLI on the ED since the limit is already at $25k, but I'm waiting to do a CLI on my BCP which is at $5k currently.

Message 3 of 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I play with it at times... Although heard this can bring attention to your account, but probably just urban myth.. I find it more or just a toy personally and never had my hand slapped yet..  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.