cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Everyday easier to get than Blue Cash?

tag
Stoneheavy
Established Member

Amex Everyday easier to get than Blue Cash?

My last three baddies wil fall off my Experian in October and I wanted to get an Amex Blue Cash Everyday to basically buy all my food and fuel and stuff with to earn cash back, but from what I've read, the regualar Everyday card (the grey/silver one) might be easier to obtain.  

Once those negatives fall off I should be looking at a mid 600's score with 9 inquiries and very small balances on my few other cards that I keep that way on purpose.

(My TU is the best right now with no negatives, but trying to get Amex to pull TU is not an easy task, from what I've read here and there.)

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Everyday easier to get than Blue Cash?

Check Credit Pull Database, they pull Experian mostly. 

IMO, at least get over 660 for AED and over 675 for BCE, assuming baddies fall off.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, from what I hear the Everyday card is much easier to get than Blue Cash, although I believe their Delta card is easier than the ED card.

Message 3 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, for what it's worth, I was approved for the ED card with scores in the mid-600s, with 2 unpaid collections and multiple late pays showing. The collections were removed a month later (they were 7 years old) and the late pays were a little over a year old.

Message 4 of 44
Sharingan
Established Contributor

I highly doubt that there's a difference in underwriting for these two cards. I've had many AmEx revolvers over the years, and the only one I noticed that had easier underwriting criteria is the cobranded Gold Delta Skymiles card. 

Message 5 of 44
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Sharingan wrote:

I highly doubt that there's a difference in underwriting for these two cards. I've had many AmEx revolvers over the years, and the only one I noticed that had easier underwriting criteria is the cobranded Gold Delta Skymiles card. 

+1

For what it's worth, I got a BCP (and a Green card) with two 6-year old COs, and I also had a BK7 in 2000 in which an Amex account was included. 

My EX at time of approval in April was 695.

Message 6 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Sharingan wrote:

+1

For what it's worth, I got a BCP (and a Green card) with two 6-year old COs, and I also had a BK7 in 2000 in which an Amex account was included. 

Whaaaat? Wow lucky! Smiley Wink Also, there is quite a difference for someone with a 695 Fico score and someone in the mid-600s when it comes to approvals by Amex. I still believe the BCP has tougher UW requirements than the ED... but I was too chicken to test this theory out so I only tried for the ED card Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 44
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Sharingan wrote:

+1

Whaaaat? Wow lucky! Smiley Wink Also, there is quite a difference for someone with a 695 Fico score and someone in the mid-600s when it comes to approvals by Amex. I still believe the BCP has tougher UW requirements than the ED... but I was too chicken to test this theory out so I only tried for the ED card Smiley Happy

I agree with you as well.  And you're right, I was very lucky to be able to get 'back in' with Amex.  Smiley Happy  Actually, I applied for the Green card expecting to get declined, just to get a 'free' copy of my Experian FICO.  Well, surprise, surprise, it was approved! 

The only 'problem', though, is I honestly didn't (and still don't) have much use for a charge card.  So I had read about the '2-for-1' HPs with Amex, and I decided to go for the BCP,  which is what I really would have wanted to begin with... and it was approved as well.  Granted, I only got a $1K SL and after the promo the APR is 21.9%, but that's OK.  I just use it at Kroger and Publix, and I PIF each month, collecting 6% back for groceries.  Rinse, and repeat... Smiley Wink

In case you're wondering, yes, Amex does 'remember' what happened 15 years ago.  About two weeks after my approval, when I logged in online, instead of saying "Member since 2015" it started saying "Member since 1995".  Also, I was denied a CLI, and the letter said it was due to "...previous account experience with American Express", or something like that.  So it will likely be a long time before I get a CLI, if ever, but for my purposes I have what I need.Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stoneheavy wrote:

My last three baddies wil fall off my Experian in October and I wanted to get an Amex Blue Cash Everyday to basically buy all my food and fuel and stuff with to earn cash back, but from what I've read, the regualar Everyday card (the grey/silver one) might be easier to obtain.  

Once those negatives fall off I should be looking at a mid 600's score with 9 inquiries and very small balances on my few other cards that I keep that way on purpose.

(My TU is the best right now with no negatives, but trying to get Amex to pull TU is not an easy task, from what I've read here and there.)

If your goal is a card to use for food and fuel and your TU report is clean, the obvious choice is the Barclays Sallie Mae.

Message 9 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Sharingan wrote:

+1

I agree with you as well.  And you're right, I was very lucky to be able to get 'back in' with Amex.  Smiley Happy  Actually, I applied for the Green card expecting to get declined, just to get a 'free' copy of my Experian FICO.  Well, surprise, surprise, it was approved! 

The only 'problem', though, is I honestly didn't (and still don't) have much use for a charge card.  So I had read about the '2-for-1' HPs with Amex, and I decided to go for the BCP,  which is what I really would have wanted to begin with... and it was approved as well.  Granted, I only got a $1K SL and after the promo the APR is 21.9%, but that's OK.  I just use it at Kroger and Publix, and I PIF each month, collecting 6% back for groceries.  Rinse, and repeat... Smiley Wink

In case you're wondering, yes, Amex does 'remember' what happened 15 years ago.  About two weeks after my approval, when I logged in online, instead of saying "Member since 2015" it started saying "Member since 1995".  Also, I was denied a CLI, and the letter said it was due to "...previous account experience with American Express", or something like that.  So it will likely be a long time before I get a CLI, if ever, but for my purposes I have what I need.Smiley Very Happy

Very interesting...I burned them in 2008. I won't even go there....

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.