Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Everyday vs Blue Cash Everyday

tag
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Everyday vs Blue Cash Everyday

@DigitalArk wrote:

How about both? Smiley Very Happy (in my signature)

Can you appply for both?

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 21 of 28
Bluegoldkeys
Valued Member

Yes you can app for both. I did two weeks apart

Amex EX FICO: 744 GE TU FICO: 716 Gardening:
Amex Everyday 5.5k | Amex BCE 2k | Citi DP 6k | Amazon Rewards 2.5k | Walmart DC 1.2k | Best Buy Rewards 4k | Cap1 QSone 1k | NYMCU .5k
Message 22 of 28
amakol
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@bonehead88 wrote:

Everyday is MR points which some can redeem for greater than 1 cent per point (much greater). BCE is pure cash back making it clearly inferior to Sallie Mae at low spend and BCP at high spend. There was less disdain for BCE before Sallie Mae became big on these boards. The revival of the old Blue Cash somehow factors into this in a way but I've never bothered to find out.

The Blue Cash doesn't directly impact BCE (more BCP) but just makes an easy story:

Low grocery/gas spend: Sallie Mae

Medium:  BCP

High BC

It's tough cause no AF Amex cards aren't really that useful making BCE another favorite for backdating purposes. Seriously what's the other option? Blue Sky at 1.33% all spend?

If the primary need is backdating (i.e. you don't plan to really use the card much) I would still now go for the Everyday over BCE.   Everyday has potential (one day you might travel,) BCE doesn't.

Among users of MR, its the EDP that is the real excitement.  1.5MR on all non category spend is big!

Good point on the Everyday as maybe useful for the future. In my case it's bad timing as I think they're still not allowing PCs to it. it would be my choice if I had to apply now.

The EDP though I think is an incredible deal. It's a PRG killer for those who don't fly often - 4.5 (!) MR on groceries, 3 on gas, 1.5 on all spend and all for $95 a year compared to 2/2/1 for $175. It turns the PRG into a travel card and makes EDP the best "household items" card by Amex.

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 23 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Yes, only thing is EDP is capped on groceries (but certainly use it for the first 6K) when PRG isn't.   But if groceries are a very big item, something like Blue Cash might be better, depending how you value 2MR on the PRG vs 5% cash back.

Message 24 of 28
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@DigitalArk wrote:

How about both? Smiley Very Happy (in my signature)

Did you get bonus points for both?

Yes, I did. Smiley Very Happy

Message 25 of 28
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@nyancat wrote:

I'm not sure of the reason for the hatred of frequent flier programmes on here

Who hates FF programs?  Many of us rely on them for maximum value from various point programs.

Message 26 of 28
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

I have enjoyed reading everyones comments on the products. I am not sure that the Everyday card is best for me now but since I do want to get an AmEx card I think I am going to apply. I know I will want to travel more at some point, so I will use it's benefits sooner or later. I have the preapproval letter with 15,000 sign on bonus points. So I am just going to wait until my new CLI from cap1 and my payments and lower util% are updated for May before I apply.  

I have two questions: Will AmEx match my highest CL card?

Also, if I add my daughter on as an AU, will that give her 5/2014 as a member date for her whenever she is older and able to apply for her own AMEX card? If there is no benefit for her, then I won't add her but it seems I have read conflicting info here about AU and Amex.

Thanks!

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 27 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

I have enjoyed reading everyones comments on the products. I am not sure that the Everyday card is best for me now but since I do want to get an AmEx card I think I am going to apply. I know I will want to travel more at some point, so I will use it's benefits sooner or later. I have the preapproval letter with 15,000 sign on bonus points. So I am just going to wait until my new CLI from cap1 and my payments and lower util% are updated for May before I apply.  

I have two questions: Will AmEx match my highest CL card?

Also, if I add my daughter on as an AU, will that give her 5/2014 as a member date for her whenever she is older and able to apply for her own AMEX card? If there is no benefit for her, then I won't add her but it seems I have read conflicting info here about AU and Amex.

Thanks!

I don't think any bank will always/usually match highest limits.  They make their own decisions based on your CR, and how much the desire your business.

Lexi can best answer the other, rules keep changing. 

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.