Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Everyday

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Everyday

@CalAlumnus13 wrote:
Has anyone received the card, or notification that it had been shipped?

My PRG and HHonors were overnighted the day I applied/was approved. I applied for the ED on Tuesday, was approved first thing Wednesday, and not a peep since.

No email either, but since it's a new card, maybe it's all snail mail this time?  However, I do see the card linked to my MR account already.

Message 71 of 84
mokong
Regular Contributor

@CalAlumnus13 wrote:

My PRG and HHonors were overnighted the day I applied/was approved. I applied for the ED on Tuesday, was approved first thing Wednesday, and not a peep since.

i was approved on the 24th and yesterday (26) i received an email that my card has been shipped.hoping tomorrow will be here.

Message 72 of 84
ProV
Regular Contributor

@mokong wrote:

@CalAlumnus13 wrote:

i was approved on the 24th and yesterday (26) i received an email that my card has been shipped.hoping tomorrow will be here.

I app'd/approved Tuesday, and notified via email Wednesday Night that my Card has shipped.  email said 7-10 days.

Message 73 of 84
Plasticard
New Contributor

Same here for me, applied on Tuesday night, received email on 3/26 saying card was shipped. Hopefully be here tomorrow or Saturday? Sigh, so exciting until you get the card, then it's just meh, what's next!

Message 74 of 84
SteveCi
Established Member

I have the AMEX PRG with the AF coming up. 

I want to keep my points, but cancel the PRG to avoid the AF.

I read I need to open another Amex rewards card to keep the rewards account active.

Can I simply call Amex and ask for a PC from PRG to Amex Everyday and keep my points?

or

Should I apply for the Amex Everyday first, taking a possible HP, get my rewards account linked, then cancel the PRG?

I prefer to do option 1, has anyone done this in my situation?

Thank you

Additional info : I have the Amex BCE and having another amex card will give me a 30-day grace period to transfer rewards.

FICO (04/14): 752 1) Too many inquiries 2)Student loan

Message 75 of 84
nmac
Regular Contributor

@SteveCi wrote:

I have the AMEX PRG with the AF coming up. 

I want to keep my points, but cancel the PRG to avoid the AF.

I read I need to open another Amex rewards card to keep the rewards account active.

Can I simply call Amex and ask for a PC from PRG to Amex Everyday and keep my points?

This will not work currently as amex claims that they are not going to PC anyone to the everyday at this time.

or

Should I apply for the Amex Everyday first, taking a possible HP, get my rewards account linked, then cancel the PRG?

Yep , this is what you will need to do. I plan on doing the same thing latter this year.  

I prefer to do option 1, has anyone done this in my situation?

Thank you

Additional info : I have the Amex BCE and having another amex card will give me a 30-day grace period to transfer rewards.

Quick Silver 2k - Discover 4.3K - Chase Freedom 7.6K - Venture 13K
Citi Double Cash 3.5K - Amex SPG 5K - CSP 5K - Arrival+ 3K
SW Premiere 5K - Citi TY Premiere 3.7K - FNBO Sun Country 3.6K
BOA Cash Rewards 5K - DCU Platinum 10K - Spirit 5K
Message 76 of 84
Ron1
Super Contributor

They cannot  PC from charge card to credit card if they can.

Ron.

Message 77 of 84
SteveCi
Established Member

Thank you.

I'll find a way to spend my points and cancel the PRG.

I applied for it 4/12/2013.

I assume time is running out before they stick the $175 on my account. 

FICO (04/14): 752 1) Too many inquiries 2)Student loan

Message 78 of 84
Stralem
Established Contributor

Sigh...

I love my PRG. I really do.

But the more I think about it, the less and less I find myself willing to pay the $175 fee. It didn't help that the EveryDay came out, like a month after I started wearing out the PRG's mag strip trying to get the sign up bonus. I think I might be applying for this card myself to replace the PRG. I just have to wait until my CSP and lower util reports to the CRAs.

I wonder what they'll think about me getting three new accounts in as many months, though.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 79 of 84
CalAlumnus13
Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

Sigh...

I love my PRG. I really do.

But the more I think about it, the less and less I find myself willing to pay the $175 fee. It didn't help that the EveryDay came out, like a month after I started wearing out the PRG's mag strip trying to get the sign up bonus. I think I might be applying for this card myself to replace the PRG.

I know exactly how you feel. It's really tough to justify the PRG now at $175, unless you pay cash for airfare *a lot*. 4.5x points at supermarkets, 3x points on gas, and 1.5x points on everything else for just $95 is a great deal.

I can only hope that the rollout of the ED and EDP will be followed by some massive improvements to the charge card lineup. The Platinum's benefits are already greatly reduced, the PRG's rewards don't match the EDP's, and the Green at $95 seems absurd next to the EDP at the same annual fee.

I'd love a charge card lineup like this:

Platinum:

3x on all travel, 1x on everything 

Improved benefits (permanent elite status with multiple hotel chains?)

$495 annual fee

PRG:

3x on dining, 2x on gas and supermarkets, 1x on everything

50% bonus points with 30 purchases in a month

$125 annual fee (standard gold card discontinued)

Green:

1x on everything

$55 annual fee

I doubt my plan is likely, but it seems reasonable to me based on how the ED and EDP are priced. It would also make the Platinum and PRG's reward structure complementary.

FICOs: EX (per Amex, 1/20/18): 830 | TU (per Discover, 1/20/18): 817

Wallet: Discover It $35.5k | Amex EveryDay $25k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $19.5k | Chase Freedom $8.5k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $8.5k | Amex BCE $7.7k

Drawer: Hella More
Message 80 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.