Did you mean: 

Amex Everyday

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Everyday

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

As everyone had surmised, the no fee ED earns full MR points fully transferable to partners as if it were any of the Charge cards.  In my view, this is no fee card whose points are transferrable directly into FF partners.

Unless one needed 3X Airlines or high NPSL, I can't envision anyone keeping the Charge card over this one.  

Or the (ever decreasing) lounge etc benefits of the Platinum.

Certainly an interesting move.  My guess with the target market is that most will be redeemed as basically cash back rather than transferred to programs.

That's what I think too. Most of the customers will probably redeem it for gift cards or some low value redemptions, which means this product may have a better profit margin compared to BCE / BCP.

Like Open said, the PRG is redundant in many ways now, unless one has a lot of spending on airfare. If they just need a high NPSL for misc. spending, they can just go with the green too.

The Platinum has a lot of its benefits stripped, but it seems that Amex is also trying to introduce some new benefits (such as that boingo wifi), though not enough yet. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 61 of 84
ozjulian
Contributor

How soon can you apply for this card after getting approved for another amex product? Is there a timeframe in between?

I was approved for the BCE 3/21. Should have waited 1 or 2 more days and gotten this card instead. Thanks!
Message 62 of 84
Open123
Super Contributor

@ozjulian wrote:
How soon can you apply for this card after getting approved for another amex product? Is there a timeframe in between?

I was approved for the BCE 3/21. Should have waited 1 or 2 more days and gotten this card instead. Thanks!

Given the close proximity, there may be a review (just to ensure it isn't ID theft), but you should be approved once they verify it is you who applied.  Just call them when your application status is "in progress."

Message 63 of 84
CalAlumnus13
Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@ozjulian wrote:

Given the close proximity, there may be a review (just to ensure it isn't ID theft), but you should be approved once they verify it is you who applied.  Just call them when your application status is "in progress."

This was my experience. I have a few posts on this issue on Page 5 of this thread.

FICOs: EX (per Amex, 1/20/18): 830 | TU (per Discover, 1/20/18): 817

Wallet: Discover It $35.5k | Amex EveryDay $25k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $19.5k | Chase Freedom $8.5k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $8.5k | Amex BCE $7.7k

Drawer: Hella More
Message 64 of 84
CalAlumnus13
Contributor

Has anyone who was approved for this card received "Rush Delivery?"

Wallet: Discover It $35.5k | Amex EveryDay $25k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $19.5k | Chase Freedom $8.5k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $8.5k | Amex BCE $7.7k

Message 65 of 84
Open123
Super Contributor

@CalAlumnus13 wrote:

Every Amex card I've app'ed for the past several years have always arrived within a day or two.  I assume, this will be the same, unless the card is so new that expedited delivery isn't available.

Message 66 of 84
Chris679
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@CalAlumnus13 wrote:

Every Amex card I've app'ed for the past several years have always arrived within a day or two.  I assume, this will be the same, unless the card is so new that expedited delivery isn't available.

Have to agree with this.  They said 7-10 days but last time I ordered a replacement card for BCE it was shipped Super Ultra Mega Rush Delivery.  I'm pretty sure they chartered a plane from Omaha just for my card. 

Message 67 of 84
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats on all approved the new ED/EDP!  If they would allow PCs at this time I would do that with my Gold Delta Skymiles.  Called and asked, but was told it was not an option right now but call back in a couple of months.  Guess we'll see!  Still sitting in the garden - its been a week and quite difficult to not hit the button.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 68 of 84
newUser0
Established Contributor

@BigBS wrote:

Congrats on all approved the new ED/EDP!  If they would allow PCs at this time I would do that with my Gold Delta Skymiles.  Called and asked, but was told it was not an option right now but call back in a couple of months.  Guess we'll see!  Still sitting in the garden - its been a week and quite difficult to not hit the button.

+1 With the BS.

I have no use for the delta card now. Need to get any other useful card like BC?

Message 69 of 84
CalAlumnus13
Contributor

Has anyone received the card, or notification that it had been shipped?

My PRG and HHonors were overnighted the day I applied/was approved. I applied for the ED on Tuesday, was approved first thing Wednesday, and not a peep since.

Message 70 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.