Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Exclusive Invitation - $50 Cash Back Offer

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Exclusive Invitation - $50 Cash Back Offer

@grigorexxxcore wrote:
I got the same email as well, but my question is, is this AmExs way of pre-approvals? I'm new the the AmEx family and love them so far, but I'm afraid of wasting an INQ if it's just some bogus email spam to all AmEx card owners. Should I apply?

Upon backdooring into my EX file Sunday, I noticed two "American Express 2" soft pulls on June 23 and 27.

American Express 2 is the puller for pre-approvals and promotions.  "American Express FR" is the dreaded financial review soft pull.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this too and it doesn't have the opt-out notice so I doubt it's a legit pre-approval so I'm staying away from apping. It sucks though because I'd love to have this card... Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

They sent me one and they only approved me for my first card in 9 yrs the other day (zync). Don't think it's a preapproval Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 18
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

i got the same offer also. have had zync since september 2010

amazon
Message 14 of 18
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I got one as well must be something they mass email out to their current card holders I think they should just say we are approved to apply less confusion that way

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 15 of 18
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I agree on this. Why "muddy" the waters?

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 16 of 18
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@addicted_to_credit wrote:
I got one as well must be something they mass email out to their current card holders

I am not a card holder but received the e-mail offer. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 17 of 18
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

@smc733 wrote:
Upon backdooring into my EX....

Smiley Surprised  Let's keep it civilized here! Smiley Happy

Back on topic, I wish they would send me that offer because I'll be applying for the card this month.  I did see a thread on here from back in May, and it mentioned a $50 cash back offer through 7/31.  I tried the link though, and it said it was already expired.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.