Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Express Cash

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Amex Express Cash

Any NPSL Amex card holders enabled and used their "express cash" feature? It takes money directly out of a linked checking account just like a debit card, but an Amex rep told me its "more secure" than using my debit card.  Fee is 3% or $5, whichever is cheaper of the amount withdrawn.  I enabled it in case I needed to withdraw some cash on an upcoming trip to Europe, but I'm really wondering what the whole "more secure" thing means...

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Express Cash

Its kind of ripoff.  3% to get access to your own money.  Only useful thing I can see is that allows you to really lose some money in Vegas by allowing you to get more money than ATM daily limit.  I guess it is a bit more secure in that if they somehow dupe the Amex card as opposed to ATM card, you get Amex protections against Misuse.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 3
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Express Cash

There really is no more secure. Just get AMEX Prepaid card and load money into it. No foreign transaction fee and first ATM withdraw per month is free.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.