Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex FICO score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex FICO score?

I recently got my Amex BCE and noticed that my online account has a link to a FICO score summary. But I've only able to get it to work once, I think. Almost all of the time it says: "Sorry, your FICO® Score is unavailable at the moment."

Is this the same for everyone else or is there something wrong with my account? Also, is this a real FICO8 score? Which CB is it from?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex FICO score?

No problems on my end.  You may want to call or chat with them.  It's a real Experian FICO 08 score.

"The FICO® Score we provide is the FICO® Score 8 based on data from Experian and may be different from other credit scores."

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may have to wait for your second statemen, as Amex seems to be a month behind on reporting to credit bureaus.

Message 3 of 8
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

My AMEX FICO score started working pretty quickly after the account was opened. If the OP has seen it once, I think it's fair to assume that something's broken. It'd definitely be reasonable to hop into chat and ask.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened a BCP a few weeks ago. FICO 8 score didn't appear until a day before the first statement cut. Week after it cut it then had the same error as the OP had. Today it finally showed up. YMMV.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine took a few months (2-4, don't quite remember) to show up, but haven't had any issues with it once it first arrived.

Message 6 of 8
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Same here. It finally started working after the close of my 2nd statement.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine took 5-6 months to start generating a score, but that's because they had issues with the suffix on my name.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.